HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently purchased a NIB 94 and was going to get it converted. It is an ID date code with HK's early grey finish and I was going towards as close as I can on a MP5 "F" conversion. I was going to sell the A3 stock and upgrade to the newer "F" style stock and was wondering should I send the original stock off to get refinished when converted and sell it or should I leave it grey and send it off with an A2 stock. I also purchased an Urbach barrel and was wondering what to do with the original barrel. Have them cut it down and thread it or keep it full size and sell it? The only "F" parts I can't find is the cocking tube support, I heard the MP5 40 cocking tube support is the same. Is this true? Any recommendations would be helpful!! I didn't know whether to put this in the NFA section forum or not since currently this is a long gun I put here, Moderators please move if it's in the wrong section...

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Id keep the gray/bl;ue A3 as is, someone might really want one to match the early 94's.
I wouldn't have it painted, then sell it. Have it painted and keep it, or sell as-is. There's nothing wrong with having different style stocks. I'd keep the original barrel in the gun and have a threaded 3-lug attached. Sell the Urbach. The F and MP5/40/10 cocking tube supports are the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys!! That's kinda what I was leaning towards on keeping the original finish on the A3 stock. Suds, any specific reason why to sell the Urbach and use the original barrel? I went with the Urbach due to the fact it was highly recommended due to it's heat treated and possibly of 1/2 million round count before replacement unlike the HK's approx. 75k round count before replacement. I won't be doing any Beta mag dumps or constant full auto treatment but I wanted a long lasting barrel.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I haven't looked up HK's recommeded barrel life/replacement recommendation, however, HK barrels are considered some of the best. Replacing an HK barrel after 75k rounds would be a total waste of money, especially for a subgun. I suspect that's HK preference for keeping the gun to as close to original spec as possible, not an indication that the barrel is worn out. I wouldn't even consider a barrel change until I was in the multi-hundred thousand range (like I would even be keeping track at that point).

Urbach has his share of fans for his barrels, but I've never seen the need to go aftermarket rather than an HK barrel (if the desired HK barrel were available). I've always considered these aftermarket barrels as a replacement for HK barrels that have been next to impossible to obtain on the civilian market. If an HK smith offered me the choince between the two barrels, I'm picking the HK barrel every time...but I am an HK German snob that way. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts