HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post from someone looking to buy their first pistol (HK45), and I have a few questions.

I want the "light" LEM HK45. I've been looking around for an LEM HK45 for a few months in my city, and I have not seen one. I've come across a good amount of DA/SA HK45s though. I know there is an LEM conversion kit to be bought on the hkparts.net website (which one should someone buy? HK | LEM Kit - HKPARTS.NET or HK45 LEM Trigger Kit - HKPARTS.NET). Is the LEM a rare gun to the point where nearly everyone is converting or did many people with LEM find their pistol boxed as LEM as opposed to DA/SA?

I was against converting because I know very little about the various pieces located in a handgun, and I'm worried I may make a mistake with the installation. I've looked for a guide for the installation, and I haven't found one specifically for the HK45. Big Bore posted a guide for the USP (http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/63079-lem-installation-instructions.html), and they say the pistols are very similar in a mechanic sense. Is this the guide I would want to follow should I pick up the DA/SA HK45, and is the conversion itself a difficult process for someone with little knowledge of firearms?

Also, the LEM does not have a decocking/control lever. So in the installation, is the safety lever removed entirely or what?

Sorry if these are stupid questions. I just want to fully understand everything before I spend any money.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Get the universal LEM kit ($79.95). LEM is not rare; it's just that, to some people, it's better to have the same DA trigger pull every pull. The LEM installation is very straight forward and there are many members who have done this (including myself) so if you run into any issues, there are plenty of help.

You can keep the safety lever or do away with it altogether. There's a 2nd LEM installation instruction that will show how to keep the safety if you choose to do so.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Basically retain all the stock springs to get Light LEM. The stock Trigger Rebound Spring may be or may be not the lightest available but is less than the standard LEM spring. The Firing Pin Block spring is already the same as Light LEM. And the V1 hammer spring is lighter than the LEM spring.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I bought mine from lgs who is hk distributor installed for 80, I don't mess w internals besides cleaning

·
Registered
881 Posts
If you are able to follow instructions and are fairly mechanically inclined, you should have not trouble with the LEM install.
I was able to install the LEM on 3 of my HK's with no issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the insight. Very informative posts. I feel very comfortable doing this after watching the videos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts