HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Does the slide have the original finish on it? Almost reminds me of what you might see if something was media blasted?

That said, is this really a concern enough to file or stone it? Does it fire? I mean I've seen HK's that look like they were blown up and they fire just fine.

I personally would NOT worry about it. Shoot it and have fun!

As far as the extractor, I have a German HK45C that is like 128-0057xx for the serial and the extractor looks just like yours.

·
Banned
225 Posts
Roadblock, thanks for your input.

I think the finish is original.

No plans to file on the slide. I'm not worried about it, just curious if the factory did it (and for what purpose).

Does your extractor have rough spots on the claw corner and claw edge?
So I have both an HK45C and CT too. My CT is hardly used, my C is an older german one. Looks just like your pictures. The C also mainly gets steel cased ammo too. Not sure if it's due to steel cased ammo OR high round count. Just looks worn to me but if its not having extraction issues, don't worry about it!

·
Banned
18,626 Posts
I recently purchased a used HK45c with AI date code. While detail stripping and cleaning, I noticed a few bevels that someone cut at the rear of the slide. Does anyone with an AI dated HK also have these bevels? They probably don't affect anything, so I'm not worried, but they do look weird. My BD HK45c doesn't have this "feature."
My BD HK45c/HK45CT do not have the bevels, either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts