HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For TACTICAL ONE HANDED HIGH SPEED LOW DRAG WEAPON SYSTEM MANIPULATION, lol.

But seriously, I was bored and had some ideas a few weeks back. I spent a matter of pennies on these mods, and finally decide to take some pics. So far they have held up great.

For starters, I measured the raised portion on the top of the P30L's slide. Then I took some heavy-duty grip tap and razored out a strip and placed it on the freshly cleaned/degreased slide.

I'm not going to kid myself and act like I'm going to be doing one-handed racks off my thigh, but this cheap mod definitely opens up the possibility without any permanent and potentially gaudy slide modifications.
I find it helps the most with press checks and it increases traction like nobodies business when my paws get sweaty. And when I'm wearing gloves, forget it. This stuff is like glue.

Also, you can see I put a piece of shrink tubing on the right side slide lever. I haven't gotten to ordering one of the revised "wiggle free" units from HKparts (not that this one bothers me all that much). I had some tubing lying around so I went to town. It definitely tightened things up and eliminated any play. It also looks very subtle and the rubber feels nice. I am considering doing it on the strong side as well.

I feel the tape I used matches the texture on the grip panels excellently. The camera accentuates the "sparkles" of the tape, but in person it is very, very similar.

Also, the strip is rather thin and I have experienced absolutely no interference with the site picture while using the stock sights.

In this shot you can see that I trimmed some of the tape so I wouldn't cover the roll pin, and I also trimmed the strip down so it didn't taper into the ejection port area.

So far I am pleased. It has held up excellently and is rather functional. I'm in Arizona and considering it's hotter than Satan's underage stepdaughter out here, it's good to know the stuff hasn't gotten lose or shifted.
I think I'll keep 'em on.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I've got heatshrink on my 45ct's right side. Works like a charm, after getting the p30 cerakoted I no longer needed the tubing on it.
The sides of my 45ct's grip are begging for some of that tape.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Did you use 3M Safe Walk tape on the slide? Really great option as opposed to skateboard tape as it doesn't deteriorate and is very thin.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Man that came out great! Good job budd. No permanent mod, simple, and easily removable. Thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts