HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I haven't gotten to the range yet to try out my new to me c93, but messing with it at home I noticed that it takes much more force to overcome the recoil rod spring than I expected. I don't think I have any other rifle that takes that amount of pull and was wondering if that is normal. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just make sure your recoil spring rod has a good lube on it, if you're new to H&K style firearms........they "can" be experienced as a little harder to "cock".

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Also make sure you do a good cleaning. CAI sometimes leaves a pile of junk in the cocking tube.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the advice. I did do a thorough cleaning when I got her. I did not know about the lubing of the recoil rod, will get that taken care of before shooting. I just felt it was something unusual especially compared to the spring weights of my AR, and I'd rather ask now than wish I did before.

Again Thank you

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Roller locks are far heavier to pull than an AR. You can install an overszed, rubberized cocking handle that will help. Yes to a complete blast-out cleaning job before you shoot it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts