HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
A guy in the gun industry over here told me that the HK416's lower will NOT accept any upper aside from HK's very own. Is that true?

A

·
Registered
329 Posts
Considering a 416 upper will drop on to just about any AR-15 lower I can't imagine that the 416 lower can be much different than any other mil spec AR-15 lower.

·
Registered
864 Posts
this is purely inferred based on what I know so dont take this as definitive proof and if anyone has information to the contrary, i would love to hear it, but I believe the lower is actually compatible with other AR uppers. I base this on two things, namely, the upper can be slapped onto any mil spec lower and I know more than one dealer that has imported 416s, sold the uppers and then donated the lowers to law enforcement agencies. Now it was never actually clarified whether or not the LEO had 416's but from the nature of the conversations, I took it to mean that the lowers were compatible with other AR mil spec variants. This might have all happened in my head but as I run one of the conversations through my mind, it just seems more likely that way.

I have never handled a 416 lower, though and I am not versed enough in the 416 lower specifics to be able to give a 100 percent definitive answer. To be honest, given what I had known, I always assumed that the lower was mil spec.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The 416 is compatible with other AR uppers. No problem.

Just change the buffer and spring out if you aren't using a 416 upper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts