HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying an LEM P2000 from a buddy because he needs the cash, he takes good care of his stuff, and the price is right. The problem is that I would really like to have the same trigger assembly on most of my pistols, DA/SA. I don't mind dropping a little extra for the detent plate etc., but I need to know that the conversion is possible. I am having a hard time finding a straight answer. Any wisdom you could bring to bear on this would be much appreciated. Does anyone know? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I understand your concern as I too coming from DA/SA was a little leery of the LEM trigger. However it’s not worlds apart and I quickly adapted. I’d buy the gun anyways as you’re helping a friend and I’m sure you’ll grow to like it.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Buy it since you said the price is right. Put two or three boxes of shells through it doing productive drills not just plinking and then see what you think of it. I carried a P7 squeeze Cocker for years retired it because the value skyrocketed… went to a P30SK LEM.. Very smooth transition. Cannot stress enough practice practice practice shoot what you carry and carry what you shoot.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I am thinking of buying an LEM P2000 from a buddy because he needs the cash, he takes good care of his stuff, and the price is right. The problem is that I would really like to have the same trigger assembly on most of my pistols, DA/SA. I don't mind dropping a little extra for the detent plate etc., but I need to know that the conversion is possible. I am having a hard time finding a straight answer. Any wisdom you could bring to bear on this would be much appreciated. Does anyone know? Thanks!
Buy it . It's the safest 1st shot you'll ever take and the fastest 2nd shot you'll ever take . P2000 LEM is good to go !

·
Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
598 Posts
I'm an LEM fan. Its not for everyone but I didn't find it that difficult of a transition from DA SA. I also think the P2000's are criminally underrated pistols so if the price is right snag it.

·
Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
598 Posts
Short answer: You cannot easily convert a P2000 LEM to the DA/SA version. The frame on the V3 has a cutout that the V1 frame does not have.
^This. Unlike the USP/HK45 series pistols you cannot easily swap from DA/SA to LEM and you can't convert an LEM to DA/SA at all.

Reactions: AIRB0RNE6176

·
Registered
63 Posts
Buy it, you might really like it. Conversion isn't possible. You're buying it right, if you don't like it, you'll always get your money back if/when selling. LEM is not for everyone, but I bet you'll keep it. Personally, I have one of each

1 - 8 of 8 Posts