HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a sear from Top Gun Supply for my V1 9mm USP. The part I received is #214180. This looks a little different from my other sears. Could someone please explain to me the difference between #214180 Sear and #214179 Sear Complete? Just want to make sure this part will work before I install it. I just notice that the sear complete is a little wider in the contact surface, but I do not know why.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
"Sear complete" has the roll pin installed already.

·
Minister of Kraut Space Magic
319 Posts
"Sear complete" has the roll pin installed already.
This is true^^^. Don't worry too much about "width" of the sear where it engages the hammer in Single Action. This width has changed several times over the years. Early USPs had "thin" sears, then were widened to engage the hammer more. In recent years they have thinned them out again . As long as your hammer does not fall into Double Action mode while function checking/firing, you are good to go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is true^^^. Don't worry too much about "width" of the sear where it engages the hammer in Single Action. This width has changed several times over the years. Early USPs had "thin" sears, then were widened to engage the hammer more. In recent years they have thinned them out again . As long as your hammer does not fall into Double Action mode while function checking/firing, you are good to go.
Thanks. That make sense.

Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts