HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've got a line on a NEW IN BOX SP 89 locally for what appears to be a good price. I see them going for $4,500+. What are some things to be looking for? Are certain date codes more desirable than others? Other markings? What package contents should be there? I saw it a few weeks ago, and it appeared the styrofoam was good, with a 15 round mag, manual, and a rectangular metal (desiccant canister?)

I dont know much about these variants, and really have no use for it. I'm thinking about picking it up this weekend and offering it for sale on this forum. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,335 Posts
Can't go wrong with "New." I would just look it over carefully, including breaking it down to check it's "new status". If you see wear marks and carbon build up on the internals, than it is not new. Also check the date codes on the parts, as sometimes people will pull the original HK parts out, sell them and replace them with non-HK parts. I doubt that is the case, but it happens. Lastly, there really isn't a difference between one year and another in SP89 production, except that the IK date code models appear to hold a bit more value, as they fall before the ban and do not require the addition of US parts in SBR conversions. Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Banned
34,579 Posts
Package should consist of: :wink:

1. Outer cardboard box with "factory" stamped SN, same as gun
2. Styrofoam inner box, upper and lower portions
3. 15-round, unwrapped magazine, date-coded as gun, or within one (1) year, more or less
4. White/gray manual with same date on back of manual as on the gun
5. Warranty card

Do the KB/91, KC/92 and KD/93 have fluted chambers? :confused:

Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts