HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I shoot my USPt .45 at USPSA matches in the Limited-10 division. At first it was just because the tactical isn't legal for the Production division and I just didn't want someone to complain at me. Now, I'm getting more into the competition aspects of the sport and putting a bit more race gear on my belt.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a race holster that would fit the Tac? I think the CR Speed model doesn't fit because of its muzzle end-piece? I don't know that for a fact, that's just what I seem to remember reading. I've also been looking at Sickinger's and Ghost's holsters, which they say are availble for various models of USPs. Any thoughts?

-- John.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm specifically asking about race holsters, such as those I mentioned in my previous post. I already have a Blade-Tech holster that's pretty similar to Comp-Tac's offerings, but thanks for pointing them out.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Hi,
Before starting, I want to make clear that I have not had the opportunity to test this myself so these are just my own conclusions :D .

I have a CR Speed- holster for the USP9/40.

The length of the USP45 is only 6 mm more than the 9/40 so the .45 would fit in to it nicely for that part. They are of same width, 37mm, so there should be no problems either.
Only the frame is the issue then. If the trigger guard fits the holster, all there is to do is to make some modifications to the muzzle cup of the holster. I have adjustable sights on my USP so I had to Dremel a cut for the sights to fit.

If you drill a hole equal to the .45 Tac barrel at the bottom of the muzzle cup or dremel it all the way open so that the sights fit in too, I´d say you have it there.

I bought mine from Double Alpha Academy, Netherlands and I´m under the impression that Saul Kirsch himself made the holster to fit me, a left handed shooter ;) .

Here is a link, http://www.doublealpha.biz/#top. You could try to ask them if they have any experience with the Tac. The other place to look for info would be, naturally, the Rescomp in Southern Africa. http://www.rescomp.co.za/.

Miku

·
Registered
13 Posts
CR should be the way to go. The std. muzzle holder will certainly have to be modified but you can use an third party one that is much easier(arrendo (sp?) is the one I use) that fits in the barrel.
YMMV.
j

·
Registered
802 Posts
CR Speed with an Arredondo muzzle platform would work. I have a first gen CR Speed holster for sale, PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone who's posted here. It's hard to get much info on HKs at the local USPSA matches since I've only ever seen one other USP. (Which is better than the first time I took my USP to a gun club ... the RSO looked at it and said "is that a Glock?")

-- John.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts