HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm extremely split between whether I should get a rail welded onto my MP5 clone or not when I get it built. From what I understand the only optic worth putting on a MP5 is some kind of red dot and I personally am more likely to just use irons if that's the case but, everyone I know keeps telling me a welded rail is a must have if you can get it because the claw mounts are so trash and people looking to buy are willing to pay for such a feature if i decide to resell. So, I ask, what do you guys rock on your clone, rail or no rail?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Rail...

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
i actually had a rail put on my 94 as well as paddle release i am not going to sell it so i had it made to how i wanted it and both of my mp5 pistols have rails

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Personally I am not a big fan of rails, especially since the HK diopter sights are so good. To each his own though. Follow your instincts on what YOU prefer me thinks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I say don't sell, its an item you'll more than likely want for a lifetime. With that in mind, do as you wish.....which seems like your leaning toward a rail. I personally think the rail looks good.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Purist=rail.
Practicality=no rail.

I don't make custom firearms decisions based on what I think it's next owner wants, I make them based on what I want.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, after some consideration I think i'll get the rail. I'm not much of a purist anyways, once I start throwing things on my gun i'll probably be pretty happy to have an optics rail.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Not a fan of rails myself, I find the Hk designs aesthetically pleasing, and think rails mar the lines. But if you're more practical I suppose you wouldn't give a care about that. But then again, if we were truly practical would we be using these old designs?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Why not both? I have been working on this Dakota Tactical rail that I cut down and turned into two pieces. The gap is around 5 spaces and it allows the use of a claw mount, so best of both worlds. I still have to do some final fitment, it seems like it makes taking the claw off a little akward, but totally doable. I love having both!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why not both? I have been working on this Dakota Tactical rail that I cut down and turned into two pieces. The gap is around 5 spaces and it allows the use of a claw mount, so best of both worlds. I still have to do some final fitment, it seems like it makes taking the claw off a little akward, but totally doable. I love having both!

oh my, that's creative.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts