HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a quick internet search reveals that RAL MP5 mags are not out there for sale. What happened to the whole MP5 upgrade I saw a few years ago where a bunch of parts were done in RAL? Doesn't look like RAL lowers or mags ever made it to the US market in any meaningful quantity. Anyone have any insight about this? I would have thought these would be a hit back when FDE was the new black...

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
The only new black is, well, black. The only people saying different are those who want to sell you something or those who got tricked into buying it.

But I do like the orange jumpsuits.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only new black is, well, black. The only people saying different are those who want to sell you something or those who got tricked into buying it.

But I do like the orange jumpsuits.
@retrodog well, I got tricked into buying a bunch of gray UPSs and VP9s... Also, if you like orange jumpsuits, you will love this!

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
@retrodog well, I got tricked into buying a bunch of gray UPSs and VP9s... Also, if you like orange jumpsuits, you will love this!

Yeah, I don't have a problem with alternate colors. I even like some of them. I'm just saying that nothing is "the new black" except black itself. But that orange-ish USP 40 is kind of sexy. LOL...

·
Premium Member
8,639 Posts
So a quick internet search reveals that RAL MP5 mags are not out there for sale. What happened to the whole MP5 upgrade I saw a few years ago where a bunch of parts were done in RAL? Doesn't look like RAL lowers or mags ever made it to the US market in any meaningful quantity. Anyone have any insight about this? I would have thought these would be a hit back when FDE was the new black...
Which RAL? RAL is a color standard that can be anything. 1000's are Yellows, 2000's are Oranges, ... 7000s are Grey, and 8000's are Browns.

I mean yeah, what Conelrad said.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RAL is a European color specification, not a color.

One needs to add numbers afterward to designate a color, i.e. RAL6003 is OD green, RAL8001 is ochre brown, eTc.

RAL Color Chart | www.RALcolor.com

DG
Which RAL? RAL is a color standard that can be anything. 1000's are Yellows, 2000's are Oranges, ... 7000s are Grey, and 8000's are Browns.

I mean yeah, what Conelrad said.
I didn't specify which RAL because I don't exactly know, and it's tough to name the exact shade from a picture. Plus I was concerned the nitpickers on this forum would get wrapped around the axle if I accidentally indicated the wrong RAL number for the precise shade HK used on these magazines thus derailing the point of the thread which was to discuss the availability of such mags and components on the market. You know what I mean? ...about nitpickers...

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
That does look pretty awesome but I have only seen shades of black. Are any of the other components available like the trigger group or stock?

Shockwave

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm resurrecting this thread because no one satisfactorily explained why there aren't RAL8000 (and variants) MP5 components on the market - especially magazines which are of interest to me. Anyone have any thoughts or knowledge about this?

I don't think anything was satisfactorily explained in this thread either - relative to mag availability or availability of RAL8000 lowers. http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone...factory-parts-convert-mp5-mli-ral-8000-a.html

Firearm Gun Trigger Assault rifle Rifle Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Well Mike cerakoted a couple of mags burnt bronze for me. If you can find a cerakote color you like it should be very doable unless I am missing something.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well Mike cerakoted a couple of mags burnt bronze for me. If you can find a cerakote color you like it should be very doable unless I am missing something.
No, your not missing anything, it's just that I don't want to pay extra to cerakote a mag that is already available in the color I want. Or perhaps it's not available, hence this thread, but no one seems to know for sure. Also, HK may not cerakote these mags, they may use a paint that's more durable. Ultimately, yes, I can cerakote or paint my mags any color they make, but that doesn't help with the RAL8000 lower that I'd like to pair with the mags. My question remains, what happened to all these RAL8000 components - why are they not on the market here or in EU?

·
Priest of the P7
5,319 Posts
No, your not missing anything, it's just that I don't want to pay extra to cerakote a mag that is already available in the color I want. Or perhaps it's not available, hence this thread, but no one seems to know for sure. Also, HK may not cerakote these mags, they may use a paint that's more durable. Ultimately, yes, I can cerakote or paint my mags any color they make, but that doesn't help with the RAL8000 lower that I'd like to pair with the mags. My question remains, what happened to all these RAL8000 components - why are they not on the market here or in EU?
Why would they make tan parts for MP5s? A pistol cal subgun would be about as useful for desert combat as an Ahole
on your elbow. You need a rifle for those open spaces, son!

·
Premium Member
8,639 Posts
And at the time they stopped making HK9X series Guns, they were kinda like Model T Fords - you can have my color you want as long as it's black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
HK made them, the question is, where are they? I guess not many were made and perhaps very few have made their way into private hands. I think it would be cool to build an MP5 with factory RAL8000 parts, but it's either all parts or no parts.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why would they make tan parts for MP5s? A pistol cal subgun would be about as useful for desert combat as an Ahole
on your elbow. You need a rifle for those open spaces, son!
They made RAL8000 MP5s as part of a program called "mid-life improvement" which I think was just a way to make the MP5 "current" by adding rails and painting it in a popular color scheme. I'm sure the SAS lads packing them in the desert appreciated the color change :rolleyes: Honestly this is probably a form over function thing.

HK made them, the question is, where are they? I guess not many were made and perhaps very few have made their way into private hands. I think it would be cool to build an MP5 with factory RAL8000 parts, but it's either all parts or no parts.
@SudS - hitting the nail on the head! Agree 100%

1 - 19 of 19 Posts