HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased one of those SL8's that CDDN was selling. I took it to the range for the first time this weekend and it shot like a dream with everything i fed it (5.56 and .223 various grain).

The question I have for those of you who have an SL8 is, what type of case are you transporting these in? I have a few of the cheap Plano cases that fit well for my 93/91 and AR/AK rifles, but this SL8 is gigantic in comparison.

I'm looking for something that won't break the bank. Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
You might wait for the HK Webshop to restock their tactical rifle case again. It's the stock single-rifle case that comes with the MR762. They sell it for only $48; about $60 or so with shipping and tax included.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
No problem, it's a great, rugged bag that I use to transport my UMP conversion around in. Just be aware that the zippers on it suck b*alls; If you're not careful and holding the two sides together, the teeth will separate as you're zipping the compartments closed.

·
Registered
754 Posts
FWIW. Plano makes a solid line and has a large variety of cases that don't come apart within a year. The UTG stuff just doesn't deal do well with weight and regular use. The best soft cases for the money are Bulldog and the ELITE assault systems. They are cut well, reinforced sewing/ stitching, heavy duty zippers that last and the leashes that don't come off. I got to see, use and sell a bunch cases at the gun shop i used to work at. Owner thought buying cheap made cases would help business. It didn't. If you can spend a couple of extra bucks on a well made case its worth it. You won't have a pile of cases you have had to replace and give away like myself. My personal stuff is in the ELITE assault system for soft cases and light transport. All my duty and work gear is in Pelican/ Storm cases. After my first Pelican all others are not the same. I've seen $200,000 camera's fall out of 18 wheeler video trailers in Pelicans and the tech's pull them and out and they are good to go. If you find a case that looks cool, great price and at a gunshow but its on a table with other mall ninja stuff.......avoid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts