HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good range holster for a USP .40F? I see alot of threads about people wanting to conceal theirs but I really just want a holster for the range..

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I love my Comp-Tac paddle holster's for range use. IMO they make the best kydex products and their service is the best.

http://www.comp-tac.com/

·
Registered
870 Posts
If it's just going to be a range holster I would get a Fobus. CAnt go wrong for 20 bucks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys... What kind of 'Cant' do you prefer on your holsters? Are the speed draw ones just straight up and down?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll 2nd Comp-tac. I use them exclusively for my kydex needs. It's excellent quality that'll be durable if you ever decide to take a class or use hard.

For a range holster, I prefer simple straight drop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out the Bladetech Stingray .... I have one for sale here for $54 delivered .. Absolutely a solid rig. NIB unused. Do a search on bladetech stingray in this forum. Harold H.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I really like a high ride FBI cant. It feels very natural to draw, as well as giving you the ability to use your strong arm as a weapon back up security system.

If you prefur a straight draw but from a low drop. check out Safariland thigh tie rig. You have a little more of a gunfighter feel. Also don't forget a good gun belt!!! TJ

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa Lvl 2, for all-around use. Should be easy to clean.

Though, here's a better idea:
Take your piece to the office/shop... sometimes ranges will have a box or boxes of used holsters that were thrown away. Test it out in the holsters if they are not obviously revolver ones. They won't necessarily be marked or the marks even be legible, so that's why you just gotta shove it in.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,809 Posts
This thread brings up a bunch of interesting points, at least to me. First is the idea of becoming "one" with your weapon. I think it is so important to become so familiar with drawing, presenting, firing, and re-holstering your chosen weapon that it becomes second nature. I applaud HK owners that endeavor to make this happen. And this brings up the other point. Where I live (Houston area) most of the ranges do not allow drawing live weapons from a holster. I understand the "general" reasoning behind this (too many noobs with too much of a chance of ND incident), but always chafed at an outright ban. There should be an area where folks with a demonstrated ability (certs, concealed carry license, whatever) should be able to go and seriously practice (as opposed to just trying to drop hot brass down their gf's shirt). I joined a private range to be able to shoot what I want, how I want...

And, FWIW, the cant of my holster is chosen by where I am wearing the holster with which gun. I cannot always wear shorts and a baggy shirt (wifey doesn't understand that this mode really is acceptable everywhere), so carry is sometimes affected.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I still prefer a good leather holster for those pistols that are "prized" ... it is much easier on the finish than Kydex / plastic. You can't beat the cost or ease of use of the plastics for a working pistol, however.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This thread brings up a bunch of interesting points, at least to me. First is the idea of becoming "one" with your weapon. I think it is so important to become so familiar with drawing, presenting, firing, and re-holstering your chosen weapon that it becomes second nature. I applaud HK owners that endeavor to make this happen. And this brings up the other point. Where I live (Houston area) most of the ranges do not allow drawing live weapons from a holster. I understand the "general" reasoning behind this (too many noobs with too much of a chance of ND incident), but always chafed at an outright ban. There should be an area where folks with a demonstrated ability (certs, concealed carry license, whatever) should be able to go and seriously practice (as opposed to just trying to drop hot brass down their gf's shirt). I joined a private range to be able to shoot what I want, how I want...

And, FWIW, the cant of my holster is chosen by where I am wearing the holster with which gun. I cannot always wear shorts and a baggy shirt (wifey doesn't understand that this mode really is acceptable everywhere), so carry is sometimes affected.
Im glad you brought this up as that is one of the reasons I have been looking for a range holster. Another probably bigger reason for me wanting one is i dont shoot at a "range" exactly.. The area I shoot is just public land and there are ALOT of shady people walking around out there.. I just dont like leaving my gun sitting on the truck so I generally have to walk around with it for fear of someone sneaking up and taking it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts