HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the range today and put 200 rounds through my new HK45. (I know pix on the way, lol) I came across two problems, and I will also state that I am new to handguns. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance too.

1. I had 2 fail to fires.
Winchester white box 230 grain fmj

2. Everything seemed to hit low.
Used "Dead on Hold" sight picture as recommended here in Rookie Corner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guesstimated at 20-30 ft. It was not that far out and seemed close to what everyone else was shooting at. There was also a lot of slack in the line though, so I felt like I was shooting at hobbit targets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know the correct terms, but left hand in front of the right with a slight bend in the elbows. The chart you posted made a lot of sense for that. I was actually talking about the firing issue though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
just trying to help -

Grip 1

Grip 2

Grip 3

grip 4

Grip 5

TooSixy hope that helps explain to him grips. those are what i goggled up

I personally use thumbs aligned method leaning forward

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Define fail to fire please.
If the gun was completely in battery and you pulled the trigger, hammer fell, rd didn't go off, that's an ammo failure.

If you mean fail to feed, where the round didn't chamber properly, then you were probably limp wristing in anticipation of recoil.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice pics dessy! Shaun, as far as POI, point of impact, low is almost always a front sight issue. On some of my handguns, I have to line up the front sight just a hair higher than dead even with the rear. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the responses! I was using Grip 1. Novice explanation, but here we go. I went through a few rounds and on the forth or fifth round pulled the trigger and nothing happened. Hammer was still back. I had to manually eject the round.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
It's probably the ammo. Try a couple of different ammo and see if that helps. Here's a good site to get ammo online: sgammo.com.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for all the responses! I was using Grip 1. Novice explanation, but here we go. I went through a few rounds and on the forth or fifth round pulled the trigger and nothing happened. Hammer was still back. I had to manually eject the round.
If the hammer was still back (did not fall) you might be using too much finger on the trigger and actually making contact with the frame of the pistol before you compleat the trigger stroke. Use just the pad of your finger on the trigger if the first joint of your finger is touching the trigger than you are using too much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks tumbleweed. I was never taught that, so I'll make sure to keep an eye on that the next time. And, thanks to everyone for the feedback as well! I will try some alternate ammo as well to see if that makes a difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts