HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested to hear people's opinions on the two pistols and which one you prefer.

Thank you,

·
Registered
2,924 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I rented both the HK45 and USP45 and for me the clear winner was the HK45 as I consistently shot it noticeably better. However you or anyone else could have different results and is why it is always best to try out whatever you are considering for yourself. If that is not possible then you have a real dilemma on your hands and you will have to do best you can do at least handling and hopefully dry firing each.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
It's all personal preference.
Really doesn't matter what others prefer.
You need to find that out for yourself :wink:

The good news is they are both great guns.
You can't lose with either one :cool:

Many of us don't make those choices at all.
The real choice is which one to buy first - LOL!

·
Registered
152 Posts
USP45 full size. First HK I purchased. It is the quintessential shape people have come to associate with the Heckler and Koch name.

- Holds two more rounds than HK45.
- Cheaper than the HK45.
- Used by countless special forces units and counter-terrorism teams.
- More options for aftermarket options, holsters, etc than HK45.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You have to try them both to know which is "right" for you. They are too close in terms of actual performance for the choice between the two (in either the standard or Tactical models) to be anything more than a subjective what-do-you-prefer choice.

That said, if you are looking for a solely range-use gun, the USP has more target/bullseye options, with the Expert and Elite long-nose models.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I prefer the USP 45 with its clean, classic grip. Also two extra rounds of 45ACP goodness is always a wonderful thing. Bill

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I prefer the USP 45 with its clean, classic grip. Also two extra rounds of 45ACP goodness is always a wonderful thing. Bill
+1
I've rented a HK45 several times and own a USPT45.
The USP Tactical is an absolute tack driver and one of my favorite range guns.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Spend the extra money and get the USP 45 Tactical. It's still one of the best polymer framed 45's on the market.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
The correct answer is both, but as far as which one you should get first is an easy one-USP45. Why? Because it is a USP. I just held a HK45 at my LGS on Friday and drooled over it. I will eventually have one, but since I have a USP45 and USP9 I need to work on buying my first rifle before Killary gets in office and bans everything. Good Luck, as either way you go you will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
21 Posts
No way to tell you which will fit your hand better, and which one you'll shoot better. Trigger and sights can be modified to suit you.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good Luck!! I had to have them both. I chose the USPt and the HK45.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have owned the HK45 and HK45 Tactical. They are now sold and I still have my USP 45.... and I'm wanting to pick up a USP 45 compact. :)

I'm kind of a big USP fanboy. Of course, I'm also a big P2000 and P30 fanboy, too... The HK45 just doesn't work well for me for some reason.

Like others have said, it's really a personal decision. You'll ant to get both in your hands - or ideally, shoot them both - to decide which works better for you. The HK45 feels decent enough in my hand, I just found the grip to be too long for me(it's longer than the USP 45 while holding fewer rounds). The trigger on the USP is also better, in my opinion - especially with the match trigger kit.

The HK45 is a little faster cycling which means it returns to target a little sooner, but it also has more perceived recoil, in my opinion. I just like the USP. :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the input guys. If they preform similarly then that's all I really needed to know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts