HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got time to take my HK91 w/ new Hensholdt scope to the range. I was using 168 grain ammo supplied by a Travis County Swat Sniper that was at the range. The sniper fired the group on the left. I fired the group on the right. My SA ammo was grouping for schit, so this very nice fellow offered his sniper duty ammo to see how it would improve the groups. I think it was Federal 168 grain match, but I'm not sure. Boy did it help.

Edit: Range was 100 yards and using sand bag rest.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Range to target? Bipod? Tell me everything I just ordered that exact same setup.

Did you refinish your stock?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was using a sand bag rest and the range was 100 yards. No bipod. Not much else to tell. The rifle is stock otherwise except for the slimline, and wood stock that I refinished and installed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Your group isn't too bad, just off center. Possibly a cheek weld issue, something that is prone to occur with the 91 series due to high bore/line of sight axis. Try some form of padded rest on the stock to raise your line of sight to a more comfortable position.

·
Registered
198 Posts
168g SMK's. Two rangeing shots at 100 yards. I moved the pointer then locked down the range drum at 100 and widage to center. Then bang away.

These scopes where few and far between back in '86 when I found this one.

Cheers
MJ

·
Registered
175 Posts
57 Strat,
I think all you need now is a SG-1 stock ( or better ) and a psg-1 trigger system.

Like the previous poster said, that group wasn't that bad. Some can be contributed to trigger put and your eye level.

Good Job!

I always use 168gr match ammo and was surprised to see someone write that this rifle won't shoot that grain of ammo well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts