HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I wanted to do some what of a range report on my new P30 9mm V3. Finally I was able
to get to the range since my purchase from Mike @ cross creek guns and I wanted to get a little insight on my
shooting from some of you pro's since I seem to be left of my POA not sure if it's me or the pistol.
First off the DA trigger certainly requires a lot of practice to get use to, I don't think I'll be
splitting hairs anytime soon in DA mode. The SA mode is really sweet in my opinion, the break is nice
and smooth I love it and the reset wasn't all that bad either I can live with it.
I started out with 50 rds of Geco 124gr @ 15ft which ran beautifully no hiccups @ all. Then I used some UMC
115 grain, the first 30 rds cycled great the last rd I had a FTE, I'm going to attribute that to possibly
being older ammo (at least 10 years old no lie) or maybe the 115 gr but not sure about that. The next 20 rds
UMC 115gr no hiccups. The next box of 50 ran great with only one more FTE and that was also the last rd
in the mag. I'm wondering if any other shooters with a P30 experienced their POI being left of their POA.
What can one do to correct that?
I know plenty of practice, and yes 150 rds is hardly enough to evaluate a shooter or the pistol, I had a
chance to get to the range so I jumped at it! Over all I'm very happy with my purchase and how the P30 performed
looking forward to the next couple hundred rd.

links to my targets (Hope this works) if not go easy on me

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Your printing on the target is hard to judge. You are consistently high and left which is unusual. Typically, you see a lot of low and left which is due to flinching. I would try adjusting the finger placement on the trigger face a bit, making sure that only the tip of the finger is engaging the trigger. Also, do a lot of dry firing to determine whether or not you are drifting high left. It appears that it is either finger placement of lack of follow through. Then again, it's hard to judge without watching you shoot.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your printing on the target is hard to judge. You are consistently high and left which is unusual. Typically, you see a lot of low and left which is due to flinching. I would try adjusting the finger placement on the trigger face a bit, making sure that only the tip of the finger is engaging the trigger. Also, do a lot of dry firing to determine whether or not you are drifting high left. It appears that it is either finger placement of lack of follow through. Then again, it's hard to judge without watching you shoot.
I appreciate the suggestions, I would say your comment about finger placement could be key, I definently did not use the pad of my index finger more of the first joint or close to it. Snap caps are on the top of the list. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts