HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 25 yards, ten shots on B27 target. Group is about the size of my hand.

25 yards HK VP9.JPG

Stock LE Meprolight sights.

I'm thinking of switching sights for better shooting at distance. Any thoughts?

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
Good job! I'd work on your trigger control before switching sights......you will find the Meps to be very good at longer ranges.......congrats on the best striker fired 9mm on the planet!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job! I'd work on your trigger control before switching sights......you will find the Meps to be very good at longer ranges.......congrats on the best striker fired 9mm on the planet!
Thanks. I'm finding the rear sights to be distracting and drawing my focus away from the front sight. I have sights that are blacked out rears with a .115" front fiber optic on my Glock 19. I seemed to pick up that front sight very quickly and the blacked out rear prevented distraction. Thoughts?

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
Thanks. I'm finding the rear sights to be distracting and drawing my focus away from the front sight. I have sights that are blacked out rears with a .115" front fiber optic on my Glock 19. I seemed to pick up that front sight very quickly and the blacked out rear prevented distraction. Thoughts?
fellow HK team shooter @west-cobb use Birchwood blackout to cover his rear sight.....easy to wipe off if you dislike......you may to to try it

If that does not work, you could always add the Dawson sights with a .115 front.....the trick will be matching the front sight height with your load......I use a .145 tall in Dawson

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fellow HK team shooter @west-cobb use Birchwood blackout to cover his rear sight.....easy to wipe off if you dislike......you may to to try it

If that does not work, you could always add the Dawson sights with a .115 front.....the trick will be matching the front sight height with your load......I use a .145 tall in Dawson
Thanks, I appreciate the thoughtful and helpful advice.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you bet! kick some butt with that VP9!
I love it. My wife and I spent a weekend taking 16 hours of private instruction, focused on her because she's a brand new shooter. She shot the ****ens out of the VP9. The instructor -- military, SWAT, LE, well-credentialed and highly experienced -- asked me if I'd had trigger work done on it. When I said no, he was incredibly impressed.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
I love it. My wife and I spent a weekend taking 16 hours of private training, primarily for her as she's a brand new shooter. She shot the ****ens out of the VP9. The instructor asked me if I'd had trigger work done on it, and when I said no, he was incredibly impressed.
That is awesome!!!! Love to hear about the ladies using the VP9. My youngest daughter has improved her shooting massively since starting to use the VP9.......I think the Meps and grip make it for her

1 - 11 of 11 Posts