HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just got back from the range a short time ago and finally got to shoot my new 9mm P2000sk. I put about 150 rounds through it (trust me, time constraints were the only thing that pulled me away) and it functioned quite well. I had two times where the slide failed to lock on the final round, but other than that, this pistol was a dream to shoot. Didn't take too long to get used to the DA/SA (compared to my Glocks) and I used both the original magazine and the P2000 13rd with XGrip mag. I thought it was a real treat to shoot and I am looking forward to putting MANY more through it in the coming weeks!

I just used WWB and Blazer Brass today, thought the Blazer had slightly more muzzle flash than the Winchester. I also plan on putting some Federal HST and Ranger ammo through it next time, but wanted to just use the range stuff today.

And now off to what I actually enjoy... Cleaning it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't be discouraged by the slide failing to lock open because that is just your finger riding on the slide release keeping it from locking the slide open. Very common problem and it even happens to me with my P2000.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Don't be discouraged by the slide failing to lock open because that is just your finger riding on the slide release keeping it from locking the slide open. Very common problem and it even happens to me with my P2000.
+1 I had the same problem with my P2K but after adjusting my grip the slide locks back everytime. Sounds like the gun is a keeper! Congrats on your new HK

·
Registered
214 Posts
+2. My USP never had this problem until I switched to a thumbs-forward grip. Be carefull with your hand placement because the slightest pressure on the slide release will cause the slide to not lock back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice, and I guess I didn't even think about that as one of the problems. I was experimenting with different grips, so I guess I need to be careful if I so choose the thumbs forward.

Now all I need is a good mag loader to save my thumbs!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts