·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went up to the Upper Delta WMA Range Saturday afternoon. I didn't bring anything with me as i don't yet have a WMA permit (i am working on it...)

The range is very nice and cleaner then many i have been to. There is an open area to the left for shotgun/clay shooting and 7 or so stations for rifles/pistols.

I can tell it is mostly used for rifle shooting as all of the target stands were at the extreme end of the range.

All stations but one have a bench to work from, and the one that does not is designed for you to stand and fire.

To protect you all of the openings have metal pipes to keep the shots from going squirley, and there is a sliding cover to keep them closed when the range is cold. I can't wait to get there with my toys and expend some rounds. :)

Pictures and Details coming...

·
Registered
96 Posts
The range at my WMA (Swan Creek) has a sign up that says you need a hunting permit. Doesn't say you need a WMA permit. I don't hunt on WMA land, so why pay for it. I hate going to that range anyway, too many NFA ignorant people there. After a while it becomes boring being accused to having illegal stuff. I try to explain but it must be illegal, they dont have one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Forgot to say: Pistol match is $10, usually 10-20 people of all experience levels. If you're in the B'ham area you ougt to come out one night!

-Aaron

·
Registered
23 Posts
This obviously is a very old thread but maybe there's new interests in knowing what's available and where.

I belong to an outdoor gun club located just outside of Ft Rucker. Shotty range, 3 long gun ranges, and 9 pistol ranges. $150 year membership (requires NRA card). Clubhouse, bathrooms, kitchen. Very nice place.
If interested search for Tristate Gun Club.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This obviously is a very old thread but maybe there's new interests in knowing what's available and where.

I belong to an outdoor gun club located just outside of Ft Rucker. Shotty range, 3 long gun ranges, and 9 pistol ranges. $150 year membership (requires NRA card). Clubhouse, bathrooms, kitchen. Very nice place.
If interested search for Tristate Gun Club.
My girlfriend and I would join in a heart beat if it wasn't 3.5 hours away!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts