HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being a HK rookie I was wondering what are some of the rare clones that have been produced of the MP5 platform and what their approximate value would be if they were in like new condition? Big names need not be mentioned as price lists are available, please keep this to either a "one off batch" or big name company that just doesn't make them anymore.

Pictures & values are greatly appreciated if you have them.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
339 Posts
I guess the CA PXP 10 pistol version was made in lower numbers and are not that easy to find...

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
When Obama got elected I sold a Vector MP5K-PDW SBR clone for 2700 dollars (buyer paid for both stamps too!). I think at the time many people considered those collectible.

I dont know about nowadays

Most people know my opinion of Speshul Wepunz/ Coharie which is they are crap and I cannot imagine they will ever be collectible. But who knows...

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rare clones to me would be something made by the likes of Colt, Winchester, Savage, Norinco, Bushmaster, Rifle Dynamics, Red Jacket, Tromix, Del-Ton, DPMS, CMMG, ect....something totally off the wall. Are there any like that from a manufacture that "gave it a shot" and just never got into the swing of things?

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
When Obama got elected I sold a Vector MP5K-PDW SBR clone for 2700 dollars (buyer paid for both stamps too!). I think at the time many people considered those collectible.

I dont know about nowadays

Most people know my opinion of Speshul Wepunz/ Coharie which is they are crap and I cannot imagine they will ever be collectible. But who knows...
And every time I let someone shoot one of mine, it makes ss look a lot less believable.

I'm not saying they are all good. That would make me sound as close minded and biased as if I said they are all crap. The truth is in between there somewhere and anybody saying any different is full of crap, or just wants to lie due to some irrelevant personal vendetta. They aren't really going up in value because they are sort of still being made. The irony with ss is that he's a pretty smart guy and gives pretty good advice when he isn't just ragging on TB inc.

Personally, I'd think an early Vector would be a good investment. The PTR 91 isn't going up in value because they are still making them.

The ones by artists like Dyer have probably gone up but not much. The real problem with value increasing these days is that people like Ghilliebear and Chopstix Kid are making some real masterpieces at a reasonable price and that keeps previously built guns from increasing their value.

Thats really it in a nutshell. If any certain configuration gets increased, the current builders will start makin it and that keeps the prices reasonable. And even if it's something rare, Ghilliebear will custom build one for you at a fair price.

The trick is to get out there in person and keep your eyes open for good deals. Check back here for price estimates and jump on a good deal when you find it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Things are always worth what some one is willing to pay. I personally find firearms as a good investment. I don't buy them as investments I buy them to shoot but always know I can retrieve what I paid for them or more.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The problem with the clones is that there is always something better that comes out later.
The different generations of the SW guns, then came the MKE flats, then came LSC, then came the MKE's.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
For that reason, I don't think clones hold any investment value at all.
The MP5 that Dakota makes today sells for x, where I paid twice x for my MP5 build on a MKE flat, and it isn't as nice as the Dakota one.
As far as "rare" the plastic MP5 types made by special weapons, and maybe the 32s and 52s, and maybe the .45 ACP guns, but IMHO I don't see them having any more value today than they did yesterday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What about the SW10,
9mm UMP lookalike but based on HK94 Internals...

I would love to get my hands on one, but I'm not sure how rare they are....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would rate it the one I'm least likely to buy. I wouldn't touch his stuff but thats a whole different thread.
You can't just say that and walk away...

PM me if you can... I would like to hear what you have to say.

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would also like to be PM'd as well if possible regarding RJF.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
If one was collecting with an eye to increasing value ... always a marginal idea vs shooters .... then hard to do much better than good condition German HKs vs "clones". Of course friends who got the sears for $350 to $450 and then got the host guns years later, did better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looking to by a clone but i will like to know a few things about clone rifles, can anyone direct me to where i check out clone ridle and their features?

·
Registered
26 Posts
As far as "rare" the plastic MP5 types made by special weapons, and maybe the 32s and 52s, and maybe the .45 ACP guns, but IMHO I don't see them having any more value today than they did yesterday.
I agree with that. I bought the SP10 way back when the first came out for $750 or so. They are long since out of production, but I got one in 2010 that was unfired for $800. They seem to have held their value decent enough, but they aren't going up at all (probably because the bad reputation special weapons has).

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
You might consider my Dakota Tactical D54P-N Reverse Stretch Factory SBR rare since It was the first.......and one of the last that Joe did. No goofy personal SBR markings on the side of my gun! I wouldn't sell it if someone set $5,000 on the table in front of me..........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts