HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found an RCM FA MP5 carrier. Doesn't seem to be tungsten filled. Has "RCM1108" stamped on the rear. Anybody know the history and makeup of this unit?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I recently found an RCM FA MP5 carrier. Doesn't seem to be tungsten filled. Has "RCM1108" stamped on the rear. Anybody know the history and makeup of this unit?
Post from 75bronco, circa 2010...

"RCM carriers in the early days were not tungsten filled. If you look around the perimeter of the carrier tube. You will see how it is welded to the carrier body. If there is no weld in the front and the rear it is NOT tungsten filled. It must be welded 100% around the tube in order to contain the tungsten. For the last 4 years we have only made tungsten filled carriers."

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely welded all around. Also has a parkerized finish. That might require a bit of breaking in.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have two RCM carriers and they ran perfect from day one with both HK and RCM boltheads. You should be good to go!!

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just found a second one marked 0410. The first one has it stamped in the rear, just above the firing pin hole. The second has in marked in white ink on the top. They are fairly identical except the lower left side of the rail has a downward angle rail on it. Not sure what that is supposed to do but doesn't seem to be in the way.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have two RCM carriers and they ran perfect from day one with both HK and RCM boltheads. You should be good to go!!
Oh yeah, I've had great luck with RCM carriers and bolt heads. A fine source. I especially like their bolt heads, cause that is where the real magic happens.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Just found a second one marked 0410. The first one has it stamped in the rear, just above the firing pin hole. The second has in marked in white ink on the top. They are fairly identical except the lower left side of the rail has a downward angle rail on it. Not sure what that is supposed to do but doesn't seem to be in the way.
Prior to engraving we tried laser.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts