HKPRO Forums banner

RCM bolt carrier guide rod retention.

1656 11
Alright guys. Probably stupid but here goes. I love my RCM bolt carrier and head. I've had no issues whatsoever in over 1000 rounds. Quality chit mang. One small nagging problem. I HATE how there is no retention ring for the recoil guide rod. Is there a reason this was omitted? Do the new ones come with one? I bought this one over a year ago. It's driven me nuts. Is there a way to retrofit the retention ring? I know it's petty but it does drive me insane. Otherwise a perfect product at an excellent price. I'd like to buy one for the upcoming K build but may pass if there is no retention ring. I know you can't please everyone but it seems a small thing here. Thanks guys.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,222 Posts
I grind it out. The darn thing drives me crazy.

· Registered
6,222 Posts
That's crazy to me. I like the ring. I hate that the rod comes out before the carrier. Just me I guess.
There's a fix for that:

1. Remove the stock or end cap
2. Remove the trigger group
3. Rotate gun so that it's pointed upward while cupping hand over rear of receiver
4. Hold recoil rod assembly like a stick and lower complete bolt assembly out of gun

5. Reverse steps for assembly.

There, that wasn't so hard, was it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.