HKPRO Forums banner

RCM bolt carrier guide rod retention.

1654 11
Alright guys. Probably stupid but here goes. I love my RCM bolt carrier and head. I've had no issues whatsoever in over 1000 rounds. Quality chit mang. One small nagging problem. I HATE how there is no retention ring for the recoil guide rod. Is there a reason this was omitted? Do the new ones come with one? I bought this one over a year ago. It's driven me nuts. Is there a way to retrofit the retention ring? I know it's petty but it does drive me insane. Otherwise a perfect product at an excellent price. I'd like to buy one for the upcoming K build but may pass if there is no retention ring. I know you can't please everyone but it seems a small thing here. Thanks guys.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
The full sized RCM carrier is F-spec and thus does not have the retention ring.

The RCM K carrier was up for discussion and it was decided to follow the full-sized and omit the ring. The primary driving factor was that many U.S. made K recoil rods utilize a tough nylon bushing and as such, was nearly impossible to pop through the retaining ring without damage to the bushing.

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.