HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HK94 that was converted by Ralph at RDTS in 2007. It's a real beauty, but every once in awhile I'll get an empty that will fail to eject, and end up behind the magwell and in front of the trigger group.

I came home for Christmas leave and took it to the range. Granted it was pretty dry, but I could never get the second shot off as the bolt would stick on the empty that would drop into that slot.

WTF over?

Anybody else have this problem and knows the fix?

More lube? New extractor spring?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Lake City/Winchester 124gr (+P) mil-spec ammo. It was just this time that it was failing after EVERY round.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
sdduc996,
Clean'er really well. Lube up generously & check for the normal things. Extractor, extractor spring, ejector lever lateral movement etc. etc. These SD's get really dirty, really quick.
Dj

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that should have been one of the first things I did was clean it. In that case SD stands for Super Dumb.

So you guys have had empty cases drop into that slot?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Make sure the extractor has good tension. If the spring is shot the casing will fall out of the bolt face and can jam the gun up.

Also scrub the piss out of the flutes with an old .45 brush and your choice of solvent/cleaner. Even though the pistol cal guns don't need to be fluted, when the flutes are gummed up, ive noticed differences in ejection and all.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet. Next time I'm home I'll give that a shot as well as checking the springs.

Thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts