HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have my Coharie Arms 9mm full sized pistol converted over to SD style. I already have a form 1 to machine my own suppressor.... so I need the rest of the work done. Basically I need to send the gun out, and when it comes back I will be able to screw on my can and go.

I emailed Jayson at IGF, and he gave me a price quote. Was wondering if anyone has one of his conversions. RDTS was also a consideration, but they have never ever responded to my email, and or phone messages.

·
Registered
390 Posts
RDTS is probably considered the best SD conversion out there if you do not mind the wait. The resale value of a Cohaire MP5 converted to a SD will probably not have a high resale value so personally I would only do the conversion if you plan on keeping it. There was RDTS MP5SD on the Sturm boards a few days ago for $5000 which is a very good deal. I was going to buy it myself but since I just bought a HK53 & HK94 I need to slow down on my buying.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I can not find it & it is not on the Sturm boards any more. At that price I am shure it sold right away unless the price was a misprint.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the links! For some reason I still have $5000 in my head as a price...guess I better adjust that!!! I did see the one on NFASALES.COM but I hadn't heard of the conversion company.

Thanks again,

'duck

·
Registered
390 Posts
The one I saw was $5000 minus the trigger pack / not $7000 & it was definetly on the Sturm boards but like I said before it probably sold right away.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I saw that too and actually received the E-mail w/ pix from the seller...
Almost brought it but just spent $20K during the last three months for HKs... I know I want SD in my collection but my wife would kill me if I want to spend anymore $.:8:

The one I saw was $5000 minus the trigger pack / not $7000 & it was definetly on the Sturm boards but like I said before it probably sold right away.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have owned an MP5SD by RDTS for about 5 years. It's one of my favorites and the weapons is well finished and 100% reliable. I clean it, as you should, every 300-400 rnds and never misses a beat.

I saw the SD by RDTS that was posted by San Antonio Arms Co., on Sturm, I was the 2nd to email and call to buy it at $5000. It sold right away. $5000-5500 should be the price on the host SD as a 2 tax stamp gun. SBR & Silencer.
$7000 is nuts! For that much, I'll have another one made by RDTS.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Vector MP5-SD3

Here is my Vector MP5-SD3.

For the money, the best on the market... It is an identical clone of the original; you can even use the factory HK barrel port brush.

Since it used the original suppressor design, it is not as quite as a RDTS but it is still a great clone and runs great with a registered trigger pack.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have an RDTS mp5SD and love it. I have also had the chance to handle the vector SD. I was fairly impressed overall. The first thing I noticed is how light it was compared to my rdts SD, I think the suppressor is aluminum as opposed to ss. I was down at SAR in december and I don't remember if it was Gordon Miller or Phil Flack who had an RDTS SD for around $5500 +or- I can't remember but it looked perfect. I don't know if they still have it but it may be worth making a couple of calls.

On a side note does anyone know if the RDTS sd uses the same thread pitch bbl and internal diameter handgaurd cage as a factory HKSD?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is my Vector MP5-SD3.

For the money, the best on the market... It is an identical clone of the original; you can even use the factory HK barrel port brush.

Since it used the original suppressor design, it is not as quite as a RDTS but it is still a great clone and runs great with a registered trigger pack.

Very nice, Vector just called me to let me know mine is ready to ship. After seeing the picture of yours I'm excited and might even keep it for myself.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
ummm..did I miss the boat? Can I buy an MP5SD direct from Vector?

I think we're too late... no one sells MP5SD clone these days including Coharie I believe.
I could not afford $5K check at this point and clone seems ideal choice for me but the problem is... I can't find one.:8:

·
Registered
58 Posts
@##$ @#$%%%$...that's beautiful and congrats....

OK, can I get advice on how to buy an MP5SD...is it as simple as checking Sturm every couple of hours? I emailed Gordon and he'd sold his.

Feeling the pain of being dateless at the prom.... ;)

'duck

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Call Vector, see if they ran over on their builds? All they can tell you is no!

regards,

r.

(801)295-1917/ Here's the number and below is the website.

www.vectorarms.com

I actually just spoke to them and they're not doing anymore 9mm. The ones they have are spoken for.

However, they are considering a run of .40cal. They don't have the specifics hammered out yet, I just got on the list if they do. If not no harm no fowl.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts