HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Compatibility between 416 upper and M16 lower?

Hey guys, {and mods if I'm in the wrong spot, please let me know}

Does anyone know if a 416 upper is compatible with a Colt M16 lower or AR15 SP1 legally modified to full auto? Or would you have to make modifications in order for it to fit/operate properly?

Have any of you tried it? Pics?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Hey guys, {and mods if I'm in the wrong spot, please let me know}

Does anyone know if a 416 upper is compatible with a Colt M16 lower or AR15 SP1 legally modified to full auto? Or would you have to make modifications in order for it to fit/operate properly?

Have any of you tried it? Pics?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
As long as it is a you should have no issues Bradley!!!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
It should fit small pin lower with no problems, only thing is make sure you have a right hammer that works with a 416 upper>

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
It should fit small pin lower with no problems, only thing is make sure you have a right hammer that works with a 416 upper>
I had posted this at first forgetting the FFG pins should have no impact on the upper running, correct me if I am Mistaken? A MIL SPEC FA FCG weather Large or Small pin would trip Firing Pin safety and this run fine, unless I am missing something and please feel free to point it out?

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Am I the only person that takes the HK "firing pin safety" of any HK Upper that I install on an AR rifle lower that the hammer does not trip the HK FPS? In a pinch this works and it's simple.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Am I the only person that takes the HK "firing pin safety" of any HK Upper that I install on an AR rifle lower that the hammer does not trip the HK FPS? In a pinch this works and it's simple.

Ok...you lost me. But I'm very interested in what you have to say. Lets try that again?

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Look on the back of the bolt and you will see the FPS. Notice it is held in place by one pin. Simple punch it out, remove the FPS and coil spring and replace the pin. At that point it is a normal AR or M16 BCG style.

Not sure what the Tec name of the parts are.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I hear when the FPS is removed that light primer strikes happen. I guess just be careful when removing the FPS. The new titanium firing pin HKParts offers may help with this since it would be less mass hitting the primer.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Look on the back of the bolt and you will see the FPS. Notice it is held in place by one pin. Simple punch it out, remove the FPS and coil spring and replace the pin. At that point it is a normal AR or M16 BCG style.

Not sure what the Tec name of the parts are.
I have never had seen the need too. But YMMV

1 - 12 of 12 Posts