HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a gift to myself for retiring from the Army (Reserve), I purchased a new HK USP .40 Compact from our PX/BX here in Anchorage, AK earlier this week and it was a NIB pistol. I gave it a going over prior to purchasing it and after I returned home, I noticed that it had small ding on the left-side edge, next to the serrations on the front strap of the frame… Is it possible to have this “ding” filled and the whole frame re-dyed?? If so, who would do the best job at something like this??

I know that this doesn’t affect the function of this pistol at all, but I just can’t help but to “zero” in on this “ding” every time I look at it. As with all of my HK’s (HK-91, 93, 94, SP-89, P7-PSP and P9-.45) they’re pretty much “Safe Queens” and that's why I’m hoping that this can be repaired.

Trust me, I have two AR-15 rifles as well as an AKM and an AK-74 in my collection, which have their fair share of dings and scuff marks on them, which doesn’t bother me at all… “BUT” it’s a different story when it comes to my HKs!!!

Thanks for looking and for any assistance!!!

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Congrats, and I'd sell the pistol you have, and buy another one if ya gotta have perfect. A repair, no matter how nice....would still bother ya. 2-cents.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Im not sure you can do a whole lot with the "ding"

You might be able to heat a metal thingey up with a torch and smoothe it over, but i dont know how you could re-texturize the plastic.

There are people whom can dye them, you can ask BIG_CHRIS_304 here, how he does it, as well as other professional dye jobs.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
If its a new pistol, it is covered under your lifetime HK warranty. . . call HK and see what can be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts