HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I don’t understand the reason, but HK installed commercial buffer tubes on the MR223 A3. I found this out the hard way when I purchased an 416 A5 buffer tube from another seller here on the forums. SB Tactical does not make a brace that will fit on a commercial buffer tube. They only fit mil spec tubes. I am sure this is why the original buffer tubes were replaced with the mil spec tube included with the SB Tactical brace. I think everyone would agree including the factory stock when sold as a pistol could be a problem. Including the factory buffer tube may be Ok. However, the commercial tube is useless without a commercial stock which mandates SBR. One could sell it, but that’s it. If only HK would have used mil spec buffer tubes on these guns, the old stock could have been removed, the SB Tactical brace installed, and the factory FDE buffer tube could have been left in place. Enjoy your gun. I for one am jealous!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this. Finally someone making sense. Thank you for ^^^^^:rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am impartial on this.

AU's description of the pistols describe them as having all OTB features.

I understand the necessity swap them out to make it possible for importation. But going off of the description, its easy to see why someone can interpret that as saying the original is included. Then get upset after they spend 6 grand, feeling like they were nickle dimed and intentionally mislead by the description.

Like how you guys clearly stated there's no warranty, I think this substitution should be clearly stated.

a "100%" factory/correct rifle means much more to HK collectors than most. So the facts should be stated.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
So you bought an MR223A3 from our site, where a picture of the firearm was posted, and you can clearly see it has a SIG brace with corresponding receiver extension (buffer tube) but you expected the factory commercial spec receiver, which isn't mentioned or pictured and that no SIG brace would fit and which would classify the firearm as a short barrel rifle or even just a rifle making it un-importable?

The MR223A3 are priced with all our costs, such as SIG braces, taken into account, we priced them fairly which is why all the 11" models sold out so fast, there are a couple 14.5" models left and around 20 of the 16" left. All firearms arrived to us without sights, we are working on acquiring the correct sights for these firearms and making them available, perhaps after IWA in Germany we will have some answers on sights.

The factory correct receiver extensions and stocks are available for purchase on our site as mentioned by another member here.

Stay tuned for a few more exclusive releases from us on HK firearms, no frankenguns from us, only GENUINE factory Heckler & Koch
Complainers gonna complain! I would recommend just ignoring them on SM, but none of my business. I am looking forward to mine arriving in the next day or so. I already purchased the buffer tube and stock (can you say EFile :44:) and will order sights for it. I can only imagine the amount of effort you went through to get these approved and shipped to the USA, not to mention the out lay of cash. Please keep on doing it and bring in some other "unique" items!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
As is, and was, stated in the ad for them -and mentioned above

“The Heckler & Koch MR223A3 stands out due to its excellent reliability - the gas system was developed for military use and is well proven over years. Its short stroke gas system reduces fouling to a minimum. Fully ambidextrous controls, chrome lined barrel and all OTB features.”

That is not true since the receiver extension is not OTB.

Kind of like buying a new car only to find out the factory floor mats are not included - but can be purchased separately for $125.

All I have to say on the subject and moving on from this.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
@armsunlimited wow is all I got. Wont go into details or a rant but I dont know that I will burden you with my patronage.

·
Vendor
1,304 Posts
HK didn’t sell guns to HKI, nor did HK configure pistols for HKI. I meant who or what country made this magic possible?
Correct they didn't come from Germany.
It could all come crashing down too...
Ever heard of "can't make a rifle a pistol" FYI
MM

·
Banned
17 Posts
MM
Another expert? These were inspected by ATF, approved for importation/sale as pistols and lawfully imported.

Keep in mind we are also a direct distributor for HK, not a fly by night company.

Stay tuned for more HK goodies you're only going to find with us, including some old school HK stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
MM
Another expert? These were inspected by ATF, approved for importation/sale as pistols and lawfully imported.

Keep in mind we are also a direct distributor for HK, not a fly by night company.

Stay tuned for more HK goodies you're only going to find with us, including some old school HK stuff!
Why such a craptacular attitude? I mean people send you good money....like alot of good money for what seems to be good product but your attitude towards folks? Whether they are simply venting or just out right b!tching what ever you qualify it as or making general informed statements seems to put you off. Is it really that you are all knowing or are you just pushing a little dry humor? Either way arent you essentially doing what you are upset with people posting?? I dont care for that in a business and as I stated earlier I will find what I desire elsewhere. I hang my azz in the wind everyday to earn my check even have a pretty little medal to show that the odds catch up to you. Said money earned the way I do wont be sent your way. Poppin smoke Im out.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
@straightgrain

Is it time to close this thread or what?

No offense to Brad, but I think this has run its course as it seems to be a bit€h session now. As for me, I just want to celebrate my catch!!!

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I mean.....whiners or winners?

At the end of the day, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US were whining for YEARS about not being able to obtain
these very firearms. These guys figured out "a way" to get it done, and sell for less than $20K which is
where I thought they would end up. And we're whining about a tube.

{Hint: Purchase, then import, and see how much it costs....it will open your eyes to pricing....$6K isn't much afterwards.}

Personally, if I had a problem, I would have called them, emailed them or put it up for sale, but I'm not
going to publicly bash them....people have been banned for doing vendors just that way on this forum.

Before you even go down this road...nope....I've got no affiliation....couldn't even tell you the guy's name
but I bought A BUNCH of BE and BF uppers that only they had, and still.....no one has them to this day.

So cheers to you!!!!!!!!!

81 - 95 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.