HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: Problem--P30 Trigger doesn't always reset

Hello,

I just purchased a used P30 that supposedly had not been fired. I took it out to the range today and noticed that after about two hundred rounds, the trigger did not reset everytime, if I released it slowly. When I got it home, I detail stripped it and noticed that the trigger return spring leg was digging into the frame. I cleaned and relubed everything with MPro7 but I still had the same problem.

It was a crappy way to ruin an otherwise fun day. I really don't want to send it away to HK if I can fix it at home. Do you think a new trigger return spring would do the trick? What other areas can I check? It takes minimal pressure to get the trigger to reset if that tells you anything.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Wayne

·
Registered
329 Posts
Have you tried removing the spring and reassembling it, making sure the TRS is laying in the groove of the rear of the trigger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It sounds like someone removed the spring from the trigger and didn't reassemble it correctly. Remove the trigger spring pin and reinstall the spring. It's easier to get in through the bottom and use something like a pen to keep it from going to far from the top. It might take a little playing with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the advice. I looked at the pictures of trigger return springs that are on this website. After taking mine out, it appears the original owner bent one of the legs really bad and they were not at the correct angles either.

Nobody laugh, but I took two pairs of needle nose pliers and bent the spring back into a shape that looks like the pictures of the new spring. Now it works like it should. I am going to replace the trigger return spring with a new one. I am not comfortable doing the 'kitchen table' gunsmith spring adjustment on my pistol and saying it is good to go.

Thank you again for your help.

Wayne

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Great job Wayne! At least you got the P30 running again, until the new part arrives!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts