HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy on armslist has a USP Tactical 45 for sale. I noticed that it does not have "Tactical" stamped on the slide. He states the earlier models did not have "Tactical" stamped on the slide. Is this possible, or could it just be a regular USP with threaded barrel? Every full size USP Tactical I have ever seen has had the "Tactical" stamping, and the compacts have "CT". Any info would help.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sounds fake to me....only the 9mm models don't have Tactical stamped on them.
Sounds like someone had a regular USP and tried to upgrade it on their own.

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Ask him if the serial number on the threaded barrel matches the frame. To my knowledge, all 45 Tacticals were marked as such.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did ask about the serial numbers already, I'm still waiting for him to answer. I don't think it is a real Tactical.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Survey says... FAKE :tongue:

I've never heard of a USPT45 that didn't have the Tactical roll marks.
As previously stated; matching serial number on the barrel will tell the tale...
Sounds like a clone to me.

Barth

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
100% Agree! I would steer clear of this one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean, it may not be a true Tactical, but it's still an HK lol. I'm just not going to pay the price of a Tactical if it is not. Still has a factory HK threaded barrel and aftermarket night sights.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I mean, it may not be a true Tactical, but it's still an HK lol. I'm just not going to pay the price of a Tactical if it is not. Still has a factory HK threaded barrel and aftermarket night sights.
Add a Match Trigger and it's a complete USPT clone - LOL!
Seriously, if the price is right?
Why not?

I've got a USP Match 45 Clone that I like a lot :biggrin:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Add a Match Trigger and it's a complete USPT clone - LOL!
Seriously, if the price is right?
Why not?

I've got a USP Match 45 Clone that I like a lot

That's what I was thinking, but I don't see him coming off the price that much. People in my area see any and all guns as gold. I was going to try to work out a trade with him.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why can't you buy one online? Or is it not an option for you?
Well, with buying one online vs in person, usually cash deals you can haggle some and you actually see it in person. No FFLS are needed either, and you can save on shipping. For the right price, I would buy one online. I'm a Ky CCDW holder, so no issues with background checks if that's what you were implying lol.. I buy the majority of my Guns at Buds Gun Shop, which is 3 miles from my house.

·
Registered
155 Posts
OP I have been watching used 45 tacs on GunBroker and I have seen several go for $850< bucks. Dont know if you ever buy used or not but they seem like pretty decent deals

·
Registered
55 Posts
My early model USP 45 tactical, was purchased 16 years ago. They just came out.
Mine is stamped "tactical" "Let the buyer beware"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bought my USP Tactical in 1999, and stamped "tactical"..I believe all the 45's in Tactical are stamped. Probably a regular USP and someone bought a threaded barrel. S/N will tell.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I requested the seller check the serial numbers on the barrel and the slide and let me know, needless to say he didn't get back to me. It's still listed as a Tactical model too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OP I have been watching used 45 tacs on GunBroker and I have seen several go for $850< bucks. Dont know if you ever buy used or not but they seem like pretty decent deals
I would like to find one for under $850. But there's none on GunBroker or anywhere I have seen for those prices.

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Likely you will not find a good one under $850 without quite a wait and some luck. The .40 is available at that price point.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts