HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I put the HK flip up rear sight on my 762 and went to the range. This quickly became a frustrating experience. I had pre-sighted it in with a laser bore sighter and the first shot was close to dead on. Then the 2nd and third shots missed the paper entirely. When I started trouble shooting this, I realized that the thumb adjustment wheel for windage was out (pulled out as when adjusting). I assumed I had accidentally did this and I pushed it back into place. Next shot fine; the one after off the paper. I take another look and again the damn thing is protruding out. To make a long story short, the recoil on EVERY shot moved the blade/post to the right (when looking towards the target). It's not very much fun having to push it back into place after every shot. I cannot imagine this is a design flaw, what am I missing? Has anyone else had this issue? (At $260, PLEASE tell me I am doing something wrong.) Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
411 Posts
This one, correct?

HK 416 Flip Up Rear Sight - HKPARTS.NET

There is nothing to pull out. The small tab, adjustment screw lock, in front of the windage adjustment screw needs to be pushed in, in order to adjust the screw either left or right. When adjusting in the direction of the R, POI shifts to the right and vice versa. When done, release the tab and it should lock in the position in the photo.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that sight. And, you are correct, it does not need to pull out. When you adjust you are actually pushing the small stop button in and turning the windage screw. However, on mine that windage screw will pull out to the right, moving the entire post with it. Every damn time the rifle recoils, the thing comes out at POI moves dramatically. There is no locking into position other than the windage adjustment wheel cannot turn. Very annoying!

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is how it looks after a shot is fired:

I don't think the windage rotation wheel should come out like that. Anyone else have one where that adjustment wheel will pull out taking the sight post with it?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Starsnuffers advice is the correct one, try to get it replaced either via HK direct or the dealer you got it from. Never seen that happen actually.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. I will call HK USA today. My guess is there is some type of a pin that holds that windage knob in place and it must be missing on mine. It's a nice sight (other than the issue I have) so I hope they will repair/replace it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts