HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

What happened to all the cheap used sl8-1's? Stock grey ones are asking way too close to the price of a new one on gunbroker.

That and USC's went down $300 on buds (to $1200) and sl8 went up $100 (from 1896 to 2000).

So I guess I'm just late to the game again, lol.

I'll stick to searching gun shows and random small shops I guess.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
538 Posts
There is a used SL8-1 at The Gunrack in Burtonsville Md. It's been there for awhile ,I think it's a consignment gun. I think they were asking $1600 the eye job isn't great but it will make a great G36 conversion .

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tbostic (you can expect to be hearing from me when I do finally save all my pennies up for an SL8).

I guess If that is about what I should expect to pay I'll save for a new one.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the encouragement. I just won one on GB for $1300!

Positively elated....

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well that just took forever!!! LOL
Congrats on the new tool. Are you doing a modgun like a G36 convertion?!? Or a long gun PSG-8 type thing.?!

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah pretty much once i had been looking long enough to get frustrated and post this I lucked out.

Torn between a g36e and a g36k at the moment. Aesthetically the K is my favorite but I like the ballistic and the title one-ness of the E.

I'll have plenty of time to think about it though, I'm broke again, lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys

What happened to all the cheap used sl8-1's? Stock grey ones are asking way too close to the price of a new one on gunbroker.

That and USC's went down $300 on buds (to $1200) and sl8 went up $100 (from 1896 to 2000).

Any ideas?
Nice to know the price at Buds for a USC is $1200. Other websites are selling theres' at a discount price of $1600+

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice to know the price at Buds for a USC is $1200. Other websites are selling theres' at a discount price of $1600+
Yeah I may just have spring for one of those to add to the collection / err Ahhh addiction :)

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey guys

Any ideas?
There was one of ODT for $1700ish

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Yup, and they were out of stock with them briefly as recently as a little over a week ago and I was kicking myself for passing it up. They got more in again last weekend and I didn't hesitate this time. Now I've got ants in my pants eagerly awaiting this and a SIG P220 I won on GB to arrive at my FFL in a few days :660:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You def have a point ringer. Maybe I'll buy a bbl wrench and jig so I can swap front ends, as I don't see myself affording more than one g36 clone.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Given these are presumably being discontinued, I would guess the supply is going down. Would be great to be able to do one big group on them before they dwindle completely. I bought one from GM a while back when he was practically giving them away (SL8-6 I think was $1,500 NIB) and now wish I had bought two. I wonder if we are simply consuming what is in the pipeline or if they are still coming out of Germany in low numbers. Either way, if you want one, now is probably the time.

HK-USA Website says these are "Limited Availability," a bit of an ambiguous statement.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Veritas, they have discontinued importation into the U.S. That's why it says "limited availability" because all that's available is what's left in the supply chain. My only assumption is that they expected the SL8 sales to all but disappear when the MR series hit the market.

As for the OP comment about USC prices dropping, they might be having difficulty unloading them with the recent lack of magazine pricing/availability problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts