HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried putting rechargeable batteries in the TLR-1 or TLR-2? If so, where did you purchase them? What type of recharger did you buy?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are a ton of rechargeable CR123A batteries out there. I'm not sure about them, but in general rechargeable batteries aren't good for devices that sit long periods of time without being used regularly. They lose their charge pretty fast. If you're using the light daily then this might not be a problem.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Just put Surefire alkalines in there. They are made for high-intensity flashlights and a box of 12 cost $20. Can't say the same for Duracell, I think about $30 for 4 batteries!

·
Registered
802 Posts
The rechargeable batteries have about 1/2-2/3 the mAh capacity as the non-rechargeable batteries.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
Just put Surefire alkalines in there. They are made for high-intensity flashlights and a box of 12 cost $20. Can't say the same for Duracell, I think about $30 for 4 batteries!
That's true. But when you put Duracells in Vs. Surefire battery. There is a big difference in brightness.

To me Surefire Batteries are crap. If you look hard enough you can find a deal on real 123 batteries.

I got 20 for $20. That sounded good to me!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I used Duracells (high energy) for a while but they were too pricey. I suppose I was buying them wrong, by the pair usually. I have a 2-cell and a 3-cell light. To fill the 3-cell I used to have to buy 2 packages and then had another battery left over. These lights use batteries so quickly I don't see the sense in spending alot more money for a small increase in brightness. My lights loaded with Surefire batteries are still blinding, so thats all I need. However, if I found 20 Duracell batteries for $20 like you I would probably make the switch, thats a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts