HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone yet confirm if the new VP9 Tactical comes with the same recoil spring assembly found in the VP40?

My current setup with SiCo barrel and Octane 9 is ~99% reliable and does have considerable blow-back...my hope is that the VP40 recoil spring assy (which presumably has a stronger spring) will help it lock up 'longer' and improve reliability to 100%.

thank you!

dh

·
Registered
40 Posts
subscribed, I'd like to know the same!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ive got to clean mine possibly tonight I'll grab a pic since I have no idea what the VP40's setup looks like lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Word from Heckler & Koch Germany is these recoil springs are no longer red, they are only in colour black available and they are in black for the same caliber 9mm and .40. This is for the SFP9, so i asume it's the same for the VP9.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Can anyone yet confirm if the new VP9 Tactical comes with the same recoil spring assembly found in the VP40?

My current setup with SiCo barrel and Octane 9 is ~99% reliable and does have considerable blow-back...my hope is that the VP40 recoil spring assy (which presumably has a stronger spring) will help it lock up 'longer' and improve reliability to 100%.

thank you!

dh
It's DEFINITELY got a stronger spring in it. I handled one at a LGS just over a week ago and pointed it out to the guys behind the counter. They did not have a VP40 to compare it to but I *think* it's using a .40 S&W recoil spring assembly.

-----------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Word from Heckler & Koch Germany is these recoil springs are no longer red, they are only in colour black available and they are in black for the same caliber 9mm and .40. This is for the SFP9, so i asume it's the same for the VP9.
I picked up a new VP9 a few months ago and it had the red recoil spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts