HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really thought about it until today, and I definitely realize the internal workings of an AR-15 / Galil (my previous experiences in .223 "assault rifles") are vastly different to the HK roller system but last time I went shooting with my Century C93 I had a relative fire it a few times and he commented on how heavy the recoil was for a .223 and I guess it is fairly hard in my experience shooting it thus far as well... so I guess my question is, is this natural for this system? Do H&K HK93s have a fairly heavy recoil? Or is there something wrong here? It shoots fairly accurate, functions fine with brass cased ammo and when taking it down nothing looks out of place.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The carrier is much heavier than an ARs and the stock isn't perfectly in-line with the bore, so there is more felt recoil. Physically speaking the recoil is identical, but on the HKs, more of it goes 'up' than 'in'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm. Felt recoil on my C93 is noticeably less than my son's M4. Everyone who fires it comments on what a pussycat it is.
Has your C93 been modified in any way, like a recoil buffer or something? I'm just wondering if that'd help with mine if so. I had a DPMS Panther Lite 16 and the recoil was nothing, the only thing you'd really feel were the vibrations of the guide spring after each shot and the Galil I had even for being an Kalashnikov-action wasn't as heavy as on the C93. It's not really a problem I guess it's just if I can increase accuracy for myself in any way I'd like to do so as much as possible.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
A 93 is a much heavier gun. Heavier guns usually recoil less.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
hmmmm. Felt recoil on my C93 is noticeably less than my son's M4. Everyone who fires it comments on what a pussycat it is.
I agree, recoil on 93 is very tame. Most tame .223 I've felt.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Muzzle device could be what is causing the difference. Most likely the c93 is just a flash hider whereas the AR could have a comp on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did your bolt gap go away?
Yes actually, and I regret the fact I don't have funds to do anything about it and am a little embarrassed I'm not 100% aware of what happens when one continually uses a C93 with no bolt gap / a possible barrel installation issue.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes actually, and I regret the fact I don't have funds to do anything about it and am a little embarrassed I'm not 100% aware of what happens when one continually uses a C93 with no bolt gap / a possible barrel installation issue.
There's your problem, time for a new barrel. If it's still under waranty, you could send it back to century.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Less/no bolt gap means MORE RECOIL!
Like other posters here everyone who has shot my 93 comments on LIGHT recoil.
Mine is hanging around .009 (been close to that for almost 1000 rounds but now SLOWLY shrinking), but according to GHILLIE top of spec means less recoil.
Not my GO-TO SHTF gun so not a big deal yet.
Besides, after November we might have to turn in all our guns.

·
Registered
134 Posts
On the other hand, my JLD PTR91 was also a pussycat with the A2 stock but not the A3 stock from PTR. I installed a Ghilliebuffer into it though and turned it back into a pussycat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it worth a shot going back to the dealer first or should I just contact Century? I've heard stuff along the lines of Century coming up with BS lines such as "It's manufacture-date warrantied" not warrantied for date of purchase... also there's the issue of it being used (albeit like-new) when I purchased it :440:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Is it worth a shot going back to the dealer first or should I just contact Century? I've heard stuff along the lines of Century coming up with BS lines such as "It's manufacture-date warrantied" not warrantied for date of purchase...
It is warrantied from the date of purchase. The date the gunstore purchases it from Century. Call them up, give them the serial #, & they will tell you if there is a warranty still in effect. Good luck. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Less/no bolt gap means MORE RECOIL!
Like other posters here everyone who has shot my 93 comments on LIGHT recoil.
Mine is hanging around .009 (been close to that for almost 1000 rounds but now SLOWLY shrinking), but according to GHILLIE top of spec means less recoil.
Not my GO-TO SHTF gun so not a big deal yet.
Besides, after November we might have to turn in all our guns.
Homey don't play that game, have another one in mind

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Minute men 2012? :p
One of my ancestors died on Lexington Green, 1775 and another led the militia charge that day at Concord that broke the redcoat ranks and sent them on a 60 mile fast retreat under fire

1 - 20 of 30 Posts