HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I recently purchased my first HK, a P2000. Whenever I purchase new pistols, I usually like to purchase a couple spare parts to keep in my parts bin. Usually recoil springs, trigger return springs, firing pin springs etc. I contacted HKCS to ask them what the recommended round count is for recoil spring replacement. Their reply to my email was "sir, we recommend that all springs be replaced at 25,000 rounds."

I was impressed by the robustness and engineeering of the RSA in this pistol, but wow!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Congrats on the P2000. Yep, HKs are very robust pistols. Still it would not be a bad idea to have a TRS or two on hand.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is a pretty impressive round count compared to about 2-3k for a recoil spring on most weapons. The fact that they come out and stand behind the 25K makes me an HK fan.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Shoot my Hk handguns a bunch.
But haven't hit the 25K mark on any of them.
Never had to replace the RSA either.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,215 Posts
No doubt that you could go that long, but that is not the recommendation that is provided in the HK Armorer training/manuals. It is also affected by how you shoot. Higher pressure ammunition and shooting suppressed will hasten wear on the recoil systems in all HK weapons.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I thought HK recommended returning a handgun for full inspection and any necessary servicing at 10K rounds. Is that not right? Or does that only apply to the VP-series?

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,215 Posts
I thought HK recommended returning a handgun for full inspection and any necessary servicing at 10K rounds. Is that not right? Or does that only apply to the VP-series?
Each weapon has its own uniqueness, but generally, the first overhaul of maintenance, including the replacement of springs is recommended at the 10,000 round mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts