HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an extra sear (ok no one can have too many but it's not my only one) and have been thinking about selling it for a few years now to cover another project. Put that on a back burner several years ago when the sear prices were depressed plus I was too busy with work (funny what a large legal action can cause in required analysis ;-). Fast forwarded to today, have a little extra time and have been cleaning out some of the duplicates and extra items that don't get used, besides being more interested in belt guns now days. Thus thinking might be time to consider pricing the S&H sear and HK SBR "MP5", in particular to decide if sell separately or together or wait another half year or more.

Any ideas and inputs appreciated on relative pricing together and as a sear in pack and a SBR "MP5" is appreciated.

Back Ground
The "MP5" was papered as a SBR on a Form 1 by me and the engraving was done when Terry Dyer setup the gun and went through it several years ago. The parts are all German HK (except for the S&H sear ;-). The barrel is the HK94 which was shortened and a three lug adapter added when Terry did the work. The trigger pack is SEF and the housing is an HK SEF that is clipped and pinned .... or if a SBR only then would be the metal SF trigger housing and pack. Photos can be viewed at: MP5A3 SBR with SH Sear in SEF Pack by Terry Dyer

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Someone please help this poor man make up his mind!! Whatever should he do with his EXTRA sear and SBR? Just joking sorry. Pictures of your MP5A3 look great. That being said, harder to move a SBR than a SBR with sear. Big part due to ATF wait times. If you really want to sell it than put it with the sear or it might be difficult to get what its worth. Right now Ruben Mendiola is asking $23,995 for a SD with S&H in four position pack. I think you could easily get $18k for your setup. If you put a link of it running with your ad to sell it that'll make a potential buyer's mouth water. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone please help this poor man make up his mind!! Whatever should he do with his EXTRA sear and SBR? Just joking sorry. Pictures of your MP5A3 look great. That being said, harder to move a SBR than a SBR with sear. Big part due to ATF wait times. If you really want to sell it than put it with the sear or it might be difficult to get what its worth. Right now Ruben Mendiola is asking $23,995 for a SD with S&H in four position pack. I think you could easily get $18k for your setup. If you put a link of it running with your ad to sell it that'll make a potential buyer's mouth water. Good luck.
Thanks for the comments on the photos, the gun looks best in some of the slightly darker photos, but more details show up in the lighter photo. Like the idea of the video clip for the ad, just need to get one of the younger guys (from my point of view ;-) girl friend to do the shooting ;-). One or two of guys have asked for over eighteen for just the sear pack, while they are not flying off the shelf at that price, wish them the best of luck (if only for my own self interest / greed ;-). If the sear start selling for sixteen something, then hate to move the pack for a only a little more .... besides a lot easier to ship the sear than a SBR by USPS Registered Mail.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
By easily $18k I mean same day sold, all funds up front. 19-20 might take a little longer or someone wanting half and half payment. I wouldn't worry about shipping. As long as you box it up before you get there (obviously). Out of state sale would ship to dealer. Also tell the buyer to name and pay for what type of shipping and insurance they want. Payment by USPS money order seems safest for buyer and seller.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Just my observations, but I think a Fleming/qualified sear is now worth 15k, an S&H maybe $500 less, and the value of a SEF pack not a great deal more than the bare sear given a general observed bias (epically in new buyers) for Ambi/burst setups. 15.5k may be the bottom end for your setup, but the new prices are pulling a lot of sears into the market...at 16k and up. The recent jump was proceeded by VERY few sears on the boards, still hovering around the 12.5 to 13ish k range. The real question is how firm is the uptic in prices, it seems to me the 12.5 Fleming is gone, but it isn't clear the 16k one has arrived.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just my observations, but I think a Fleming/qualified sear is now worth 15k, an S&H maybe $500 less, and the value of a SEF pack not a great deal more than the bare sear given a general observed bias (epically in new buyers) for Ambi/burst setups. 15.5k may be the bottom end for your setup, but the new prices are pulling a lot of sears into the market...at 16k and up. The recent jump was proceeded by VERY few sears on the boards, still hovering around the 12.5 to 13ish k range. The real question is how firm is the uptic in prices, it seems to me the 12.5 Fleming is gone, but it isn't clear the 16k one has arrived.
Thanks both of you, that is the type open discussion that helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I don't think we are at the 16k mark norm for sears yet....but we are getting close. I knew of a few sear guns (53/51) for sale in the 17k range two and three weeks ago. I was planning on buying one and waited to long. Before I knew it they were gone. I was also looking at purchasing a sear from a local dealer but he recently passed away and I'm not sure whats going on with his estate (I would still pay his asking price today for one). With the escalating price of sears I am now starting to look at other c3's since I already own one. I know S&H sears don't command the price of the fleming/qualified. However, I wouldn't think twice about buying another one. I love mine and it functions fine. You might get more money seperating the two....if so I am interested in the sear.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
I'd hold off for a bit John... I think prices are going to take a healthy jump. If you know what I mean...

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'd hold off for a bit John... I think prices are going to take a healthy jump. If you know what I mean...
As long as the economy does not pull a 2008 or 1929 the month before I sell, agree .... also need to take a booster vaccine injection on Belt Gun Flue that is going around as was re-exposed a couple weeks ago to both water cooled BMGs and at the same time got to fire the MM21e for the first time ..... ;-)

·
Registered
10,256 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Friends former single MG81 was scary fast ... two twin mounts is insanely cool. That could take care of any excess 8mm ammo very nicely ;-).

Thanks, enjoyed the video link.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Yeah... they're something like 3400 rounds per sec... Philip has a mount to put them all together on ONE rig

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks appreciate the discussion .... at the moment the MM23eK and 1919A4 can hold me on belt guns (the 1919A4 keeps trying to become a water cooled ;-) and the major costs of a new company start up are still in the wings and not a sure thing yet.

Figure will hold off a bit, as over the last few months the cost of just the sear has nearly caught up to what the package price of the sear and MP5 host was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts