HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting a Blackhawk serpa 2 holster for my p2000 .40 v3 but am not sure what belt to get. It's not for conceal carry but for a combat handgun course (and possibly eventually trying at USPSA) Any suggestions?

Would anyone recommend against a Blackhawk Serpa Holster?

Thanks again!

Jason

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
There are two belts used by competition shooter. Wilderness Trails 5 stitch for IDPA and CR Speed for IPSC.

X

·
0 Posts
i can second the wilderness belt. I have the 5 stitch, and it's really nice. The fact that it uses the velcro means that it's adjustable for any use, so if you switch from IWB to standard, or have different pants, it works equally well.

Good service, made in the USA, and pretty cheap. Can't go wrong!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Another user of the Wilderness belt here. I really like it. I can use it for USPSA and when I carry without it looking too obvious. The CR Speed belt is nice for competition but useless elsewhere.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yet another recommendation for the Wilderness Instructor belt. In fact, this is my everyday belt. I currently have one in olive drab (1.5 inch). I plan on buying another in wilderness coyote.

Kent

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gotta second or third or fourth the Wilderness Instructor, wear it daily. It might also haul you out of a jam. Not as bulky as the CQR Rescue belt.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I too am a user of the Wilderness Trail Belt. I have mine in black and it is 1.5 inches in width. Very good high quality belt with infinite adjustment due to the wrap-around velcro.

My belt takes a beating and holds up well. I use it with my Blackhawk CQC carbon holsters. They go very well together. My belt stiffness is medium range, not too soft and not too stiff for my holster preference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great, thanks for the responses. I think I will go for the wilderness belt as it's also the cheapest.

Thanks! No I also have to get a holster.

Jason

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting a Blackhawk serpa 2 holster for my p2000 .40 v3 but am not sure what belt to get. It's not for conceal carry but for a combat handgun course (and possibly eventually trying at USPSA) Any suggestions?

Would anyone recommend against a Blackhawk Serpa Holster?

Thanks again!

Jason
I use this belt from LL Bean - LH48322

Thick, stiff, heavy, 1-1/2"

Sorry for the big picture. I just copied it and this is the size that showed up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
That LL Bean belt raises a good point.

I have seen Timberland, Tommy Hilfrigger, generic types, etc, etc.... leather belts that are not "Gun Guy" belts, but that are leather 1.5 inch & stiff that would work great with CCW holstering etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have seen Timberland, Tommy Hilfrigger, generic types, etc, etc.... leather belts that are not "Gun Guy" belts, but that are leather 1.5 inch & stiff that would work great with CCW holstering etc.
There is a company locally here in OKC (that will ship) that makes some nice leather belts that can be used with ccw. I have purchased their kydex-lined belts one in black and one in brown for about $30 each...fantastic quality and VERY sturdy. They seem to be pretty popular with the guys in Oklahoma.
Check them out at www.looperlawenforcement.com EDIT: click on "looper made products" and then on "reinforced holster belt"
Beware: they measure their belts from the middle hole to the far end of the buckle whereas some belt manufacturers measure from the middle hole to the start of the buckle/end of the belt. For me: 30/31 inch waist = 32 inch belt normally but 34 in looper belt b/c of the buckle measuring thing + 2 in extra for iwb = 36 in belt from looper's. Also, I can still wear this belt comfortably if I don't have the weapon...just cinch it all the way down.

·
Registered
55 Posts

I forgot to mention, this LL Bean belt is only $15.00. It comes in black and brown, so I bought two for me and two for my wife.

In two 11 hour training classes wearing my 55 ounce P226 ST (w/loaded mag), I never had a "gun weight" issue on my 5' 8" / 165 lb. body.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Another + for the wilderness belt. Wear mine daily whether on or off duty it supports my IWB rig or Sam Browne duty belt with ease. No roll, no worries, it's one tough SOB, and worth every penny.

·
Registered
221 Posts
+1 for thebeltman.net especially if you must wear business casual or suits.

you can have the velcro strip installed for v-clips with a ctac or a stiffener.
in addition to cow and horsehide, you can even have a custom made one from elephant or shark skin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks. I ended up ordering the LL Bean belt because I need a nice looking belt to wear around anyways with or without a gun.

jason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts