HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my HK 45 after waiting a month upon order. I cant wait to shoot it.

I received an V1 EB special, which made me really excited when i saw the tru-dot night sights and laser.

I was wondering what would be the number one or commonly recommended oil to use on the HK 45?

As of now, i use shooters choice FP-10 oil for my CZ pistol. It's pretty much a medium weight gun oil as suggested in the HK manual.

Also, what do some of you use to clean the meprolight tritium night sights, mainly the front? .45's develop a lot of residue in the front after a day at the range..

I know this question has probably been asked a bunch on this forum, but i spent a lot of dough and want to make sure I'm using proper lubricants.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I use Mobil One or Slip EWL, I also have CLP. I've been using Mobil One for years. My Glock 19 has used it exclusively for all 17,000 rounds. Looks new, replaced only one recoil spring. I personally think the flavor of the month weapons lubes are mostly marketing magic.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I use Castrol 20w-50w. 1 quart of Slick 50 or Marvel mystery oil should help your engine run smooth. All jokes aside there are many new products out there and far as I am concerned long as you clean your weapon and properly lube it with some type of oil you shouldnt have any issues and have many years of enjoyment with your weapon. Also congrats on your purchase.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I use Castrol 20w-50w. 1 quart of Slick 50 or Marvel mystery oil should help your engine run smooth. All jokes aside there are many new products out there and far as I am concerned long as you clean your weapon and properly lube it with some type of oil you shouldnt have any issues and have many years of enjoyment with your weapon. Also congrats on your purchase.
Agreed. But I use slipstream. Check out crusaderweaponry.com

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you want lubricant then try Frog Lube. I think it's what the Navy SEALs are using these days. I can't say for sure but I'm more than sure there is one or two members here that can verify for sure. I think that's where the name came from. It also could have been a tadpole or something like that.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you used the search function, you'd find hundreds of threads on this.

Caliper grease.
Expensive gun grease.
Expensive gun oils.
Regular gun oils or greases.
Motor oil.
90w gear oil.
Automatic transmission fluid.

They'll all work fine. You have a service pistol, not a custom Sphinx or $6000 1911. It will be fine, stop worrying about it and shoot it.

If the MILF can get by using bananas, I think anything you pick up will work just fine.

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,022 Posts
Royal purple, hoppes gun oil, remington oil, clp...all will work fine. The barrel gets an outside coating of slide glite light.

motor oil has additives which are carcinogens. Not something I want to have skin contact with when handling, cleaning my guns...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lube Rec

I've been switching between two oils:

Ed Brown
M7 Pro

Both have good adhesion properties. With Ed Browns, I figured that since he produces his own line of 1911s, something he would label for his own product usage should be a quality product.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Slip 2000 EWL (oil and grease) and Brian Enos Slide-Glide.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I use MILTEC, Rem oil most of the time but I just picked up CLP to see how the stuff is. Not that I had any issues with anything I mentioned prior. They work fine and have been using it for years. For Pete's sake man, it's a tool put Vaseline if you want just shoot the dam thing it's built to run like a wild Mustang. I am sure what ever you use HK tried it with the gun prior to introducing it into the market. I'm sure they even ran it dry.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts