HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, I open carry a bone stock P7E, what do people here recommend I do to my P7 for carry? I've heard people do anything from re-coating them to adding rails, I'm just curious for a general list of things to do.
Thank you for your time
Joe

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
Mine is stock and I'm fine with it as HK made it. I have no desire to put on a rail to hang junk on it, and I wouldn't refinish it unless the factory finish was beat up. Maybe different grips at most.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Night sights or big dots IF that. Grips if you wanna jazz it up.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would leave it as is but maybe basic dress up. change the sights and grips. Refinish if the finish really worn off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick responses guys, night sights are a must for me, having the money is the hard part lol, do either of you use the XS big dot sights or have any experience with them?
Joe

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Good evening, I open carry a bone stock P7E, what do people here recommend I do to my P7 for carry? I've heard people do anything from re-coating them to adding rails, I'm just curious for a general list of things to do.
Thank you for your time
Joe
You can carry it just fine as is. I would recommend firing 50 rounds of whatever you plan to carry in it - full mags plus one in the chamber - and look for 100% reliable function - something in the 115-124 grain weight, stadard velocity of +P. Also a good cleaning of the cylinder with tool and brush. One thing you will find lacking if you carry the gun close to the skin (inside the pants) and/or in hot weather is the standard surface finish (bluing). It will rust and quickly so a more effective finish (Birdsong Black-T, etc.) would be a smart long term upgrade to the pistol and mags. Tritium sights also if you prefer.
Great carry gun.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can carry it just fine as is. I would recommend firing 50 rounds of whatever you plan to carry in it - full mags plus one in the chamber - and look for 100% reliable function - something in the 115-124 grain weight, stadard velocity of +P. Also a good cleaning of the cylinder with tool and brush. One thing you will find lacking if you carry the gun close to the skin (inside the pants) and/or in hot weather is the standard surface finish (bluing). It will rust and quickly so a more effective finish (Birdsong Black-T, etc.) would be a smart long term upgrade to the pistol and mags. Tritium sights also if you prefer.
Great carry gun.
G3Kurz
Thank you for the great detail, I currently carry 147 gold dots, tritiums are going on next and i will probably have her re-coated/blued when I go to college in August
Thank you
Joe

Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Thank you for the great detail, I currently carry 147 gold dots, tritiums are going on next and i will probably have her re-coated/blued when I go to college in August
Thank you
Joe

Do a search for P7 and 147gr ammo. It's not recommend and can cause issues.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do but I've had no issues with 147 in the past and some of the more reliable sources I've read have referred to the European P7s that don't have the protruding heeled release as the P7E or just the P7, I like the P7E as it does not get confused with the PSP(the original P7) which only a few hundred were made.
Also if I am grossly incorrect on this please correct me,
Joe

·
1,199 Posts
Thank you for your time
Joe
P7E... isn't that the P7 that was specially made for Mexico with a manual safety?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope not, might be tho, info on these pistols is everywhere and contradicting so I really don't know

·
Registered
53 Posts
"Tritium sights also if you prefer."

G3Kurz: Since I respect your knowledge regarding the P7, I would like your opinion of what night sights you recommend that will fit "height wise" etc. for a P7. Thanks! (I like the XS big dot (normal size and not the huge size but only found them for other non P7 models.)

·
1,199 Posts
Nope... P7 made for Mexico was designated with an S.

I believe the E stands for European. There are 2 type sof heel mounted mag release buttons. The European models had protruding mag releases.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Nope... P7 made for Mexico was designated with an S.

I believe the E stands for European. There are 2 type sof heel mounted mag release buttons. The European models had protruding mag releases.
I thought the protruding mag releases were only PSP's and designated as such. I've never seen them referred to as P7E's.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts