HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for a good red dot sight for my USP Elite 9x19.
Who has experience with a red dot on a USP and is willing to share his experiences ?

And how to mount it ?

Thanks
Ed

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I don't have experiance with it, but I have heard good things about the Trijicon and EOTech sights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have experiance with it, but I have heard good things about the Trijicon and EOTech sights.
I know the EOTech, I'm using an XPS 2-0 on my SL8 and Walther G22.
Would be great if there's a mount to fit it on the USP as well..

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
An Eotech on a USP? Man, that would be a sight.

As for mounts, I've heard from competent gunsmiths that the HK slide does not allow for deep milling as required for mounting an RDS. You could seek an option that would mount that attaches to the accessory rail. Other than that, your options are quite limited.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That looks like a great mount...no permanent mods needed to the gun....I wonder if the ship to Canada!!!

I guess the rail saddle sight mount is bulky compared to this one....

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
That looks like a great mount...no permanent mods needed to the gun....I wonder if the ship to Canada!!!

I guess the rail saddle sight mount is bulky compared to this one....
Quoted from Trijicons website said:
Customers Outside of the United States
Trijicon Products are subject to export controls administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State and require an export license to be shipped outside of the United States. Export or re-export without prior authorization from the U.S. Government is prohibited. For this reason, we only sell products for export directly to established distributors, who have provided the necessary information and documentation required for proper authorization to export. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we cannot accept internet orders from customers located outside of the United States. A list of our international distributors can be found here.
Here's where you can find a list of the Canadian distributors that I would assume would be able to order it for you:

http://www.trijicon.com/user/reseller/reseller.cfm?&CFID=22731674&CFTOKEN=21079152

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Brownie...tks for linking this for me...I checked a couple of stores....I think it would be cheaper to find it here then pay what they want in Canada for the part....man it does suck living here!!!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Hey Brownie...tks for linking this for me...I checked a couple of stores....I think it would be cheaper to find it here then pay what they want in Canada for the part....man it does suck living here!!!
No problem. I'm sure that export policy is in place because their sights which is most of their business. It sucks that the mount gets caught up in that as well. I'm pretty sure that there's nothing about the mount that makes it an export no_no.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well....if I don't luck out finding a used one or a reasonable retailer....I will post begging a member to order and ship to me!!!...

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
2 Options:

1) Get the original HK mount and mount whatever you like on top of it. It won´t be a bullseye gun, though. The mount is aligned to the frame, while the frame to slide play is quite noticeable in the USP.

2) Mill the slide and seat a Docter or similar smallish sight there. Much better and functional mod, but quite a bit of gunsmithing is required.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was lucky enough to shoot a HK Tactical with a Trijicon RMR mounted on it.

The Gunsmith that built the mount set it up to use the rear dovetail originally used for the rear sight.
Works like a charm. We refer to the guys firearm as the wallhack gun cause it's close to cheating it's so good :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts