HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen hks I think mostly the usps, maybe others I don't know. with red logos on slide or grip. Just curious if that's factory, or someone painted it. I'm not sure if I like it or not, kinda neat.. any info would be cool

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definitely painted. I've heard of several different ways of doing it. I tried it with my AR to make the 'safe' and 'fire' pop with white and red. I used a fine paint pen for writing on china. I have also hear nail polish works well.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Crayola crayons are the easiest way to do this. Heat helps but you can just rub the crayon over it then wipe away the excess lightly.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yep, some of us love them painted ladies and most prefer it OEM black. So to answer your question it's not factory!

If you read azimuth's link or use the search function you'll discover more about some of the original models that came painted from the factory, but most modern HK pistols are HE black.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Crayons are in your kid's toy box. The rich kids all had the 64 color box when I was a kid. Mine had 8.

I habitually highlight the serial numbers just from old habits. Brownells sells a lacquer/paint stick that's easy to use.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Not factory. Model paint works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts