HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Red paint on the recoil spring signifies 9mm and I think the .375 SIG also, rated springs. Larger calibers use higher rated springs and are not painted red.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmmm, I forget which site it was I was just on a few days ago checking the parts because I have a .357 SIG barrel on the way for my USPc .40S&W and was checking the differences in the springs. I think it was HK Parts. But I looked at the recoil springs on there and they were listed as different because of the red paint mark. I not an expert but my USPc in .40 does not have red paint but my P30 and P2000sk in 9mm does.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I might be mixing up my recoil springs on the USPc and the P2000sk. I'm away from home right now so I dont have them in front of me to compare but the parts site shows only one recoil spring for the P2000sk in all calibers and instead of a plastic bushing there is a second spring over the rod like you shown in your photo.
Yeah, I thought that was the case, too, until I looked at my P2000SK .40. It has a Red recoil spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts