HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering my options as far as refinishing my HK 91. I have seen that Investment Grade Firearms offers the Early HK Gray finish. The rifle on their site looks really good in black but I don't see any pictures showing the early gray offering. Have any of you taken advantage of this service? If so would you happen to have any before and after photos that you would be willing to share?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 91K already, I was just considering refinishing my rifle due to some engraving on the receiver. Maybe get a paddle mag installed in the process.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Why not contact IGF directly and ask for some pictures?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lots of people here. Just thought I would try to hear from a customer first. I'm sure you heard of customer satisfaction, I was hopeful that someone here would share their experience. Even if it was done by someone other than IGF.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry I can't help out with this issue, but I've thinking about having IGF refinish both my HK-91 (IB) and HK-93 (IB) in the original early HK gray as well... And add the paddle mag releases to both rifles too.

Hopefully, somebody has a detailed photo of their rifle refinished by IGF.

...Didn't know that Gun Plumber (Arizona Response Systems) offered an early HK gray finish. I thought he only did the HK black finish?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spoke with Jayson at IGF via Email and he said that only 2-3 guns per year come in requesting the early gray finish. That just hasn't warranted enough time to post pictures on his site. He said that the majority of people go with the black finish. I just worry that my HK 91 may look too evil if I change it to black.:8:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Re-finish it in the later HK black and then throw on some old G3 wood furniture... it'll look just like Grampy's ol' smoke pole.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I spoke with Jayson at IGF via Email and he said that only 2-3 guns per year come in requesting the early gray finish. That just hasn't warranted enough time to post pictures on his site. He said that the majority of people go with the black finish. I just worry that my HK 91 may look too evil if I change it to black.:8:

I have his HK gray finish and it's worth it. Looks really nice.

He said he isn't taking work right now because he got swamped through the end of the year with the California guys wanting stuff done.

7n6

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have his HK gray finish and it's worth it. Looks really nice.

He said he isn't taking work right now because he got swamped through the end of the year with the California guys wanting stuff done.

7n6
I would like to see a picture of it! Do you happen to have one before the refinish as well?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Ralph at RDTS in Scottsdale has done two for me, he can do just about any color.

Dennis

·
Registered
989 Posts
I would like to see a picture of it! Do you happen to have one before the refinish as well?

It looks gray. I'm to lazy to dig it out of the back of the safe. I didn't know that they use black finishes in the 70's and got mine re-finished in HK gray thinking, oh it's an early 91.

Maybe I will get some pics of it up someday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts