HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm awaiting the return of my extractor from Tripp research. I sent it to be blackened, as the finish wore off. Quite quickly. It would of been fine if it just turned purple, but it was all rough and bumpy looking. It wasn't, but looked corroded. Anyway, my question is, is it possible to restore the red on the extractor with some kind of paint or something? Has anyone had an extactor refinished and done this successfully? I've seen on here where people have used china markers for the engravings, but this is a little different area, plus I am looking for a more permanent fix.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions.

Also, while I'm asking, the china marker threads made me think of this. Has any one successfully painted the numbers and caliber designation on their mags. That to me seems like it could be helpful. Especially in low light situations.

Thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. I was wondering how your extractor turned out. Ive been planning to send a few to Tripp. Just havent had time. Also, about your question.

When I spoke to Tripp, I asked if they could repaint the red area after they blackened the extractors. They said no problem at all. They even said it would be better than original. The way HK makes them, the red comes off so easily. As far as the ones Ive had anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Questions

Not much help here, but how long did it take to start to wear the finish? Was it your USP? That sucks, hope it's not a common thing to happen. Anyway hope everything turns out good for you.

AWD

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Refinish

Turned out fine. Has held up fine, and it was a quick turn around. Didn't think about asking them to redo the red. I did it myself with a little masking tape and some testors model paint. The testors has held up as well. Probably 5-600 rounds since reinstalling it. Looks like new.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And, yes it was my 9mm USPc SS. The others have worn also, but not like that one did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts