Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Benelli 121-M1 that was imported by HK back in the days,
Which professional refinisher do you recommend - Robar, Arzona Respose System, Lauer and etc.?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have an old Benelli 121-M1 that was imported by HK back in the days,
Which professional refinisher do you recommend - Robar, Arzona Respose System, Lauer and etc.?
Call Derek over at AZEX in Mesa AZ, he does awesome Parkote work.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,862 Posts
King Joey,
Just as an FYI, Derek (AZEX) is banned on this board for unprofessional behavior and a bad case of not playing well with others. A person would be wise to take that under consideration.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had Mark at ARS refinish 90 series weapons and have had nothing but the best results..........................not only great work but very knowledgeable and IMHO an honest guy to work with.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I sent a M1 Super 90 to ARS for a refinish. I was promised 2 months, they had it for 5 months and nothing was done to it.

I was fed up and simply had them return it to me untouched. They did pay for return shipping since they couldn't stick to their promise.

FWIW.

·
Registered
99 Posts
King Joey,
Just as an FYI, Derek (AZEX) is banned on this board for unprofessional behavior and a bad case of not playing well with others. A person would be wise to take that under consideration.
Huh? Didn't know that.

G

·
Is this one of those sites where the mods are allowed to conduct little jihads against members who they have some personal issue with? Per the rules, it amounts to an abuse of power, and a review, in which no goods or services were exchanged...

To whit: Mod: XXX is bad, he and I got into it over something and I banned him to show him who's boss.

Of course, XXX cannot reply, because he's banned. He cannot defend himself either. Since Mod's experience with XXX is limited to a personality conflict, his objectivity is suspect.

It would seem to me that it's indicative of the beginning of a downward spiral of boards in which the management allows such shenanigans to occur. I've been around a while and intelligent moderatorship is one of the first things to suffer. Seen it before on Assault Web, ar15.com, full-auto.com and more than a few others which do not present themselves to my old memory at this moment.

I implore the mods to refrain from such activities. The integrity of the board is more important than your ego.

The Dreamer.

*Post professionally. This is a professional board and we would like to keep that style in place at all times.

*This is an HK forum. Please keep your posts on topic.

*You will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly is false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, misleading, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, defamatory, tortious....

*The Feedback section is for only those transactions that originated on this board and should only include the participants in those transactions. This is very important; please help out.

*Please refrain from personal attacks; stay professional!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Is this one of those sites where the mods are allowed to conduct little jihads against members who they have some personal issue with? Per the rules, it amounts to an abuse of power, and a review, in which no goods or services were exchanged...

To whit: Mod: XXX is bad, he and I got into it over something and I banned him to show him who's boss.

Of course, XXX cannot reply, because he's banned. He cannot defend himself either. Since Mod's experience with XXX is limited to a personality conflict, his objectivity is suspect.

It would seem to me that it's indicative of the beginning of a downward spiral of boards in which the management allows such shenanigans to occur. I've been around a while and intelligent moderatorship is one of the first things to suffer. Seen it before on Assault Web, ar15.com, full-auto.com and more than a few others which do not present themselves to my old memory at this moment.

I implore the mods to refrain from such activities. The integrity of the board is more important than your ego.

The Dreamer.

*Post professionally. This is a professional board and we would like to keep that style in place at all times.

*This is an HK forum. Please keep your posts on topic.

*You will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly is false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, misleading, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, defamatory, tortious....

*The Feedback section is for only those transactions that originated on this board and should only include the participants in those transactions. This is very important; please help out.

*Please refrain from personal attacks; stay professional!
Im not exactly sure what your deal is... if your the guy that got banned or not, but i've been here for a year and a half or so.... and this is a professional board, not a bashing ground.

If somebody got banned, its because they broke the rules, not because one of the mods "over reacted". I have said some very stupid things here, and have had mods remove comments. I always apologise because i knew they were stupid.

The moderators here are very reasonable, and would not just "ban" somebody because they got into a squabble.

If this person whom was banned, had a problem with keeping the topics related to HK stuff, then this is not the board for that person!

This is also not a place for bashing people! We have a feedback forum to asses transactions, and try to work problems out. Generally most transactons are "good".

If somebody posted a negative comment in the feedback, and the person - that the said feedback was about - starts accusing the OP of lying, then its pretty clear of whom is right. Most professional people would have contacted the OP through IM's and tried to work the problem out, or taken the negative feedback because they knew they were in thr wrong. Or if the poster of negative feedback was lying, it would have been a much better idea to contact the site moderators, and try to have them mediate the deal. (thats what feedback is for. Both the buyer and seller!)

Again, i do not know any details of what happened, but i do know this is;

1. an HK specific board, please try to keep it that way.

2. a professional TECHNICAL board, not an "arfcom GD" forum.

3. a place where we share information, and experiances about the type of firearm, and firearms related items this site is about.

4. a place where we keep things postive, and try try to keep things polite and honest!

·
Registered
893 Posts
1 post.

Somebody is hiding....

Now on subject:

What is the proper / best way to refinish an HK anyway?
Envirotech, moly coat??
Park it and then apply a spray and bake coating?
Or does the park really not matter?
The reason I ask is I myself am thinking this over with regard to those flats, and would think that a park'd base would be best, because you are never going to get into all the nooks with a spray on, and you'd want to be worried about corrosion in those nooks if it were originally bare metal.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
1 post.

Somebody is hiding....

Now on subject:

What is the proper / best way to refinish an HK anyway?
Envirotech, moly coat??
Park it and then apply a spray and bake coating?
Or does the park really not matter?
The reason I ask is I myself am thinking this over with regard to those flats, and would think that a park'd base would be best, because you are never going to get into all the nooks with a spray on, and you'd want to be worried about corrosion in those nooks if it were originally bare metal.

Parkerizing is really for anti-rust... It does provide a clean black look, and from what i hear it is a very good finish, especially if you do something like a powder coat on top...

Im not sure, but i think one of the guys here, or one of the shops that is frequently talked about, uses a parkerizing under a powder coat, and they say it holds up pretty well. IMHO some sort of electro-type bonding is the best.... Something like a Parkerizing, or even something like the black robar finish.

But i would say, that you should definatly get a parkerizing done to it. As you said, there are some nooks and crannies that a park will fully protect, and then if you have something over top of that, it will provide wear resistance to the park'ing and therefore good look and good rust/wear protection! :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Powdercoating would apply too thick of finish for most parts. However, a hard finish like Duracoat works well over Park because it bonds to and seals the park which is bonded to the metal. This also keeps you finish thickness to a minimum and doesn't cause any tolerance problems usually.

·
11,862 Posts
Dreamer,
For a first post, you certainly make a splash! No, it is not a Jihad by a mod. If it was, I would have shouted from the roof-tops that this person was a blah, blah, blah and that one should never use his/her services.

Instead, what I did do, was post a few absolute facts. That the person mentioned was banned from this board and the reasons why. That is called full disclosure. That you choose to use your first post to insinuate some kind of holy war... instead of offering meaningful contribution... casts a bit of doubt on your intent.

G

·
Really.

I saw the exchange and I'm privvy to the PMs also. You booted him for basically saying you were a powermad little man and implying that you were the president/officer of an HOA.

Which you are.

When he wasn't contrite enough for you, your temporary ban turned permanent overnight.

I had to make up another name because after being on here for 3 years and over 1000 posts and watching your arbitrary and caprecious moderatorship "style" I had no desire to start over with a new name. It's apparent that when someone points out the the emperor has no clothes the ban hammer comes down hard.

As I implored on the first post, please play by the rules you enforce. Don't think that just because everyone can't see the PMs associated with this fiasco, that no one will. The guy did very little wrong, but you had to prove your mightiness.

Think of me as the canary in the coal mine. Trying to save you from yourself.

·
11,862 Posts
He was banned for misrepresenting the facts and for being abusive. That ban was temporary. He chose to pick up his toys and go home. Interesting how you pick and choose the parts you want to reveal. This thread is now closed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.