HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to refinish my P7, was considering Robar's NP3 or Metaloy. Has anyone used either of these companies? Would appreciate any feedback or any suggestions on other refinishers.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
NP3 is Nickel based, Metaloy is hard chrome. Your decision has to start with what finish do you actually want? Hard chrome is more durable for abrasion than a Nickel based finish. I always go with hard chrome because its the hardest finish for white finishes, and I dont want to have to refinish the piece later again. Metaloy knows how to finish the P7. I have a high end custom Colt Govt. Model by Steve Morrison at Metaloy right now. Metaloy, Industries - Professional Gun Finishing - hard chrome, blue and polymer finish

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just started looking into this project and as you can tell I don't have much experience. I want a finish that is going to be the most durable. Any view on wood P7 grips, like the Nills but they are pretty $$$$.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think Metaloy might be a tad less expensive than Robar, but at the end of the day I sent mine to Arizona for NP3 Plus. Must say that I love it! I've been thinking about getting some Nills, but I heard they add some extra thickness to the grip.

Good luck,

Paddy

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Show us pictures and details on who did the finish when you get it back! =)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any other P7 grips to consider besides Nills, or are they hands down the nicest? Too bad eagle grips (near me) doesn't make them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've decided to make a pair of "pretty" P7M8s, one for the wife and one for me. The P7M10 look above is exactly what I'm after, so both will go to either Robar's or Mataloy. I think wood grips on a matte stainless/nickel stock looks awesome. I am so over the all-black tacticool look, and I have an HK45 - but that's a tool...

·
Registered
9 Posts
My nickel P7 from HK Parts.net with stronghold leather via TT Gunleather is my everyday carry. The oil/waxed Nills add a very slight swell to the grip which I personally prefer over the stock plastic, but not enough that I notice any difference in carry.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Will p7m8 grips interchange with p7 psp grips?

Sent from my iPhone 😡
(I'd rather be at the range trying to wear out my Not-LNIB gun collection.... Let's call it a BTS Beat To **** collection)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My nickel P7 from HK Parts.net with stronghold leather via TT Gunleather is my everyday carry. The oil/waxed Nills add a very slight swell to the grip which I personally prefer over the stock plastic, but not enough that I notice any difference in carry.

That is very nice....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts