HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading another post and wanted to respond to a responder but thought better of it. It would have definitely changed the topic, so I decided to post a new one. One of us, Barth I believe, just overcame a regret in selling a SS USP. Fortunately he was able to make up for it by getting another. If regrets were measured in poundage, I'm guessing I'm carrying at least twenty pounds of it now. I'm talking twenty pounds of HK poundage, and with HK quality, that'd be thirty pounds of less stellar quality manufacturers weight. HK 45t gone. USP 45 gone. P30L gone. USP 45c gone. Soon to be gone HK (???) 9lbs, but will pick up SP5K for a total -5lbs gone. Thank goodness I got older so I can put my house in order. 3 HK pistols coming and closing shop. One HK 45, not sure which. One SP5K coming soon, eyes up to the Lord for a good deal. One HK 40c, not sure which.

What's your regret, HK wise? Which would you like back? Which HK would you buy today, if you could to calm the uneasiness of regret, with any HK?

Gotta walk the pup, later.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I sold a USP9SD to a friend during my divorce a few years ago. In the mean time, the State of Connecticut declared it an assault weapon due to its threaded barrel. As such, I was unable to buy it back.

I loved that gun.

I have since bought a USP9 expert to replace it. Still wish I had the USP9SD though.

New wife is so much better than the old wife, so I win in the end.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I hesitated on a tan Mark 23 with LAM and all the trimmings for 1750.00 from an acquaintance. The economy was terrible and getting worse back then so I hesitated not certain of what the future held for us. By the time I suppressed my fears, he came to his senses and decided not to sell. Dang.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I hesitated on a tan Mark 23 with LAM and all the trimmings for 1750.00 from an acquaintance. The economy was terrible and getting worse back then so I hesitated not certain of what the future held for us. By the time I suppressed my fears, he came to his senses and decided not to sell. Dang.
Ouch that hurts! :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Sold a 10mm mp5k to buy my dream Truck. I miss it alot but love my truck more.

·
Registered
688 Posts
"Regrets, I've had a few, but too few to mention"...

Sold my two P2000/9mm V2 LEM pistols because two other people wanted them more. Probably the two best HK pistols I've owned. Still have a P2000/.40s&w V2 LEM and a .357sig barrel to ease their loss. I sleep well at night...

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I sold my HK93 to buy suppressors and tax stamps over the summer. I have the worst sellers remorse ever. hopefully that will go away when the tax stamps start rolling in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No HK regrets yet, I have 4 that I have picked up over the past year. I keep thinking about trading my P2000 toward a USP compact. I don't shoot it well but I know once I do that I will regret it so I resist.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No HK regrets yet, I have 4 that I have picked up over the past year. I keep thinking about trading my P2000 toward a USP compact. I don't shoot it well but I know once I do that I will regret it so I resist.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Over the last several years a P30, P30s, P2000 and most recently a usp 45c SS have come and gone with no regrets. I learned something I either liked or didn't like about each one and moved on. The two that I do regret selling, a HK45C and a VP9. I've replaced the 45c threefold and will soon replace the vp9.

·
Registered
838 Posts
With HKs, I've only sold duplicates or ones that I'm upgrading from. So no regrets, but even with other guns I've sold, never regretted anything. I'm usually pretty deliberate about which ones go.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
No regrets selling my HK45T (Green and Tan), P7, P7M8 Chantilly, P7M13, P7M8 last 500, P9S, P30S, and P7K3.

But the only one I regret is the USP Elite 9mm in Euro case. I did that twice.

I will be looking for another example once I return CONUS.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Money definitely dictates my HK regrets. I'll usually sell to buy another, but in the here and now, I'm left with one HK and that is out of order. I regret not having enough doe ray me for all my wishes.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I've sold two MARK 23s. The first one I sold so that I could get a MK23 USSOCOM. With the funds from the sale of the second MARK 23, I bought both a P7 and a P7M13. So no regrets.

What I regret are the ones that got away. I had a chance to buy a PSG1, but didn't have the funds available. Recently I had an opportunity to by a MP5 (transformed to semi-auto to make it legal in France), but at the last minute the seller decided to keep it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My HK regret is not getting into HK's 10 years ago when I first started my firearms passion. So I pretty much regret not getting into the USP line. All those USP's that I passed up over a decade, UGH! I do regret that P7 PSP that I first passed on in a LGS about a month ago. I went back a week later to find out it was gone. The pistol had also sat there for 6 months. Man do I regret not putting it atleast in layaway till I had all the money a week later. They were asking $650 for it. Bummer!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Selling my IB date code 91, not buying at least two CA DOC 94s back when they were like $1800, and passing on buying HK sears in the late 90s.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I worked at a gun shop in Utah when UHP traded in all their old p7m13....I could have bought as many as I wanted for $300 each. Yeah, I didn't and I keep kicking myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 63 Posts